cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving into empty property

FIXED
katecook47

Moving into empty property

My father is moving within the same town, into an empty property.

I'm assuming he can take his number with him - it's the same area code & he's only moving about a mile away. Is that right? 

Also the site says PlusNet needs up to 4 weeks notice.  We don't have a moving confirmed date yet but it's likely to be 14th Feb - how likely is it that PlusNet can transfer the number over quickly at short notice?  He's vulnerable/elderly so needs to have his phone line working asap after he moves.  

thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Moving into empty property

Fix

Hiya @katecook47, thanks for getting in touch.

With regards to the number, this does depend on if your father would be connected to the same exchange at the new property. If so, there should be no issues with transferring over the number.

With regards to getting the service live at the new address, how quick we can get the service active depends on the line status at the new property and so the more notice the better.

If there is a working line there currently with another provider, then it would be a minimum of 10 working days to bring over the service to us and we cannot speed this up. 

If there is a stopped line, we can usually get the the phone line restarted within 23-48 working hours and then would place the broadband order once the line is restarted.

If a new line is needed, this would be dependant on engineer availability but usually you would again be looking at a minimum of 10 working days.

As you have mentioned he is elderly/ vulnerable, would you mind sending me a PM (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread) advising further information on your Dad's vulnerabilities so I can look at the options available? If you can please also provide the new address in the PM, I can take a look at the property's current line status for you.

If not already done I would recommend to fill out our additional support form here: https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=additionalsupport to log the vulnerabilities on his account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@LaurenB 

In the scenario described, would the Ofcom mandated 10 day cooling off period "kick in" in respect of the cease order which would need to be placed on the existing service?  Today being the 4th Feb, getting this done by the 14th could be a bit difficult given the usual regulatory rules (if they apply here).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

katecook47

It's a while since this was sorted but I just wanted to post some feedback here because @LaurenB was outstanding in helping me with this. Everything clearly explained and communication throughout until the line was up and running.

Many, many thanks.

🙏🙏🙏

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Awesome, cheers for the feedback!

I've passed this onto Lauren as I'm sure she'll be glad to see it.

If there's ever anything else you'd need help with, feel free to get back to us. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet