Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging Service?

FIXED
Parsling
Dabbler

Messaging Service?

I have spoken to PN about the following and they've opened a question and passed it to Openreach to look into but I wondered if anyone else has had something like this happen.

The landline rang this morning showing my own number and when I answered it there was a recorded message saying something like "thank you for choosing this message service" so I quickly put the phone down.  Now, my answerphone won't work and when you ring my number it asks you to leave a message.  I tried 1571 just now and it says something similar to the  recorded message.  I don't have any phone package with Plusnet just the landline so I don't know what's going in, it's annoying that I can't use my answerphone though and really weird.

1 REPLY 1
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Messaging Service?

Fix

@Parsling wrote:

I don't have any phone package with Plusnet just the landline so I don't know what's going in, it's annoying that I can't use my answerphone though and really weird.

What do you mean by that?  Plusnet do not offer broadband without a land line (phone) service.

There have been some reports of 1571 being added to accounts on contract renewal irrespective of it being wanted or requested.  You can manage the phone service setting through the user portal - see https://plus.net - that said there are some know gremlins where what is reported on the user portal might not be what BT Openreach implemented.  That is the Plusnet interface raises change requests which do not get a completed notification from BT Openreach.  Those cases require a nudge for the Plusnet support staff.

As for your other observations see here - Who called you last and withholding numbers | 1471 & 141 | BT Business (custhelp.com)

I hear my own phone number when I dial 1471?

This happens when you have Call Minder or BT Answer enhanced. Both features call you back every ten minutes for up to an hour to let you know that you have a message waiting. In these instances, the number on 1471 will be your own number.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.