cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Caller ID after switching from BT

FIXED
AM48

Lost Caller ID after switching from BT

Hi,  I had Caller ID(display)  with BT but its not working now I switched to  Plusnet. (2 weeks ago).

I see this happens to a lot of customers,  

It is not clear how I report this to get it fixed, apart from posting on this forum!

I have:
Checked the Portal to make sure Caller Display is Active
I have dialled *#234#  and get service unavailable,  so cannot do *234#

So it sounds like a problem at the BT end.   

Please let me know if there is a different route I need to take to get this fixed.

many thanks in advance  GC.

3 REPLIES 3
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Lost Caller ID after switching from BT

Quite possible it wasn't properly added as a feature on the transfer order.

Happened to me when I moved house, and 1571 got added on through the order system even though it wasn't actually on my account. Same type of system error just the other way around, and just needed a feature order placing directly to openreach, rather than via the account.

Either way it'll need staff to check the setup on the line in the openreach side, as if it's there and not working it has to be reported a different way by PN to OR, as the standard tests pretty much never pick up a call feature issue and kick it back.

Staff on this forum can have a look, but a quick bell to tech support 0800 432 0200 and they can check this out for you as well.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Fix

Hi there,

I've placed an order to activate caller display on your line. Really sorry that this was missed.

Should be working for you after an hour, let us know if you have any issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
AM48

Many thanks, much appreciated.