Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Caller Display on Product change

minkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Lost Caller Display on Product change

Hi.

I've just renewed my broadband contract and also changed my call plan. In doing so it's turned off my caller display. When I go into my control panel it says a change is in progress and cannot re-enable and also a call to support was told the same thing. 

Do I really have to wait until 14th Nov when it says my transfer is completing to get my caller display back?

Thanks

Jeff

8 REPLIES 8
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: Lost Caller Display on Product change

Hi @minkey, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're without your caller display currently. I'm afraid when there's a phone order and change already in place then we're unable to make any other changes or alternations to the call features. By all means if you give us a nudge on here once the new call plan is in place however then we'll happily get the caller display enabled for you.

guineapig
Hooked

I've got exactly the same problem. I renewed my broadband/phone contract last week and the Caller Display is no longer working. I can't change it back because the website says "a change is in progress". The agent I spoke to at the time said it was a known fault at Plusnet's end. I have had an email saying there is an open Question on my account but I have no idea what that question might be. Please can you sort this out. I use the caller id a lot to work out whether it is worth answering the phone!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@guineapig If you want to check open questions, log into your Members Centre and it should be on a banner across your Home page. If it isn't come back and we might be able to point you in the right direction.

John
guineapig
Hooked

I can't see any banner but the Home page doesn't load properly anyway, which leads me to another problem I have. Depending on where I am on the page (any page, any site) if I click in a box the computer just hangs. Some boxes on a page work and some don't. At the moment I can't even close down because I just get the hour glass going round and round. This might not be a Plusnet problem of course but a Windows 11 one!

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

That does sound more like a Windows wobble - and I'm afraid I can't help on that as I stopped using any version of Windows after 7 - the last one that worked properly.

If you can eventually get it to behave in a reasonable manner, try either/both of these links: Plusnet or Plusnet -I know they look the same but they should lead to slightly different links (you'll have to sign in for both of them)

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @guineapig

I'm really sorry to see your caller display isn't working.

From what I can see there's a pending change going through in your account that'll complete on your next bill date.

There's details of this change on the support ticket we've logged Here. This is stopping us (as well as you) from making any further changes until it's gone through.

Would you be able to check back after your next bill date and then try to add caller display online via your account?

Let me know if there are any issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
guineapig
Hooked

Well it's my bill date today so I went into my account and added back the Caller Display which had been removed. Now I've had this email:

Hello xxxxxx

Account username: xxxxxxxxx

We've completed the changes to your Call Features. We've removed the following:

• Voicemail

• Plusnet Call Protect

I have NOT asked for these features to be removed. Why can't you get this right?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'm not sure what's gone on there @guineapig

They're only usually removed when unticked on the Member Centre.

anyway, I can see that you've tried to add them back on, so I've just manually placed the orders to have them features back on your line by the end of the day.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds