Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental

FIXED
saintly1
Dabbler

Line rental

I've currently only got broadband and I'm looking to add line rental, it says it's a 18month contract, I'm ok with that , but after the 18 MTHS does the line rental stay the same or increase significantly?
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Line rental

@saintly1

If you’ve got broadband with Plusnet then you are already paying for line rental and will have been given a phone number. The easiest way to Sind what it is is to plug in a phone and ring 17070. You will be charged for calls unless you take out a call package.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

saintly1
Dabbler

My line rental is currently with the post office, I'm paying £90 a quarter, we never use it for calls, so would make more sense to move the rental/number to plusnet, my broadband only package would only increase a few pounds, but didn't want it shooting up after 18 months.
saintly1
Dabbler

Ah, as I suspected, it will increase significantly after 18months, just been reading another post on this site, not really worth the hassles of moving, plus I would loose my bt sport at £5 month.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Fix

@saintly1 

Sorry, after I posted it occurred to me that you might still be on a legacy product.
If you take a combined broadband plus line rental contract then if you view the T’s and C’s then yes, when the contract expires it quotes the much more expensive out of contract monthly rate. However you will also receive an offer in the last few weeks to renew on a new longer term (typically 18 months) for a price not dissimilar to the new customer rate again.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'