cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line problem

gerawson

Line problem

Last night approx 5.00pm my landline was dead. I contacted Plusnet by text, as per their instructions. This stated it was the quickest way to get the problem resolved, and basically, no matter what the problem was it would be actioned within 30 minutes, and I would be contacted.

At 8.00am this morning the line was still dead and had not heard from Plusnet, which seems a little strange as they said they would be in touch within 30 mins. I don't know if the problem has been resolved, as I'm at work and still had no contact.

It's the first time I have had to contact plusnet with a problem, so was just wondering if this is the usual standard of service, would be interested in other users views

2 REPLIES 2
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Line problem

@gerawson Welcome to the forum.  🙂

Do you see a question raised here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search ? Log into Member Centre first.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Line problem

Thanks for your post @gerawson and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see your phone's not working and we haven't called you back when you text us. 

I've gone across and spoken to a colleague who oversees the system and the people who work these queries, and for one reason or another, we haven't actually received a text from you / your mobile number logged on your account. 

I've tested your line though and the tests are showing Openreach are aware of a service outage in your area that's affecting other people too. They're working to fix it as soon as possible. 

Could you let us know how it goes?

Feel free to post back if your phone still doesn't after 24-48 hours and we'll be happy to check again for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet