cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Rental Saver

chrcoluk
Grafter

Re: Line Rental Saver

BT pulled a stunt like this when I was their customer, I cancelled and migrated to plusnet, I saved a ton of cash by signing up to voice on signup as it gave me free install, lots of cashback.  Now my service is active those 2 things dont apply so yes for me cancelling the voice is a serious option which I wasnt considering prior to their announcement.
MaestroMan
Grafter

The fact is you can't renew LRS more than three months before it expires.  Click on FAQ "How do I renew Lines Rental Saver?" and all you get is a drop down saying "We'll send you a reminder before your Line Rental Saver expires, with details on how to renew."  And the line rental saver portal simply informed me "You're already signed up to Line Rental Saver.
This is due to expire on 09-12-2014. We'll contact you before this to let you know when you can renew the offer." 
So as long as I receive an email by the 9th September (three months before the expiry date) I'll be able to renew before the price goes up.
Of course, all of this could be made much simpler if PN would just let you renew LRS whenever you like...
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There is no need to wait for the reminder email. The content of the line rental saver portal page should change on 10th Sept to provide a link for you to renew LRS for 12 months.
David
BryanP
Grafter

Thought I would check when my Line Rental Saver was due because I have been paying it early to avoid the increases in previous years and found an anomaly, We are told that you do not lose rental time when you pay up to three months early so I checked to see if I could pay it early again and found that I have lost 2 months previously paid for rental.
My History is 1st payment paid on the 6/12/2011 £ 113.88
          2nd payment paid on the 24/09/2012 £113.88
        3rd payment paid on the 28/09/13 £125.88
According to me my LRS is not due till the 6th Dec 2014 but when I go to the rental page it tells me my renewal date is the 5th Oct 2014 so therefore according to the above I have lost 2 months rental along the way
My message is if you are planning to pay early check you do not lose previously paid rental contrary to what we are told by Plusnet, makes me wonder whether to pay in advance again and tie myself down to Plusnet for another 12 months
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Obviously something is really screwed as there have been no other reports of that and mine isn't like that
This should be picked up on Tuesday but in the meantime I suggest raising a ticket so that the problem is documented
BryanP
Grafter

Many thanks Jim
I have raised a ticket as per your suggestion
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi BryanP,
I've had a look into this and will call you shortly.