Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline porting - FTTP

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,606

Re: Landline porting - FTTP

No problem, sure. The ADSL cease has completed, so feel free to port your number away / upgrade your FTTP service.

I can't upgrade it here but you should be able to do that online through your account (or by calling us on 0800 013 2632).

If you can let me know when you've placed the order though, I can keep an eye on things for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Online isn’t allowing me to upgrade as it says I have a product change in progress. Will try tomorrow but the text in the attached is a bit worrying (“We’re moving your service to your new address”) ? I’ll assume this is just a bit of standard case text Smiley
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Ah sorry I thought you were porting your number first before upgrading so didn't think to tell you. 

I placed a house move flag on your account so it doesn't automatically close when the ADSL ceased. As it can take anytime up to midnight for our systems to digest the completed cease notification from suppliers, I plan to check back tomorrow to remove the house move flag to be sure that nothing bad happens.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Crellster,

I've closed the house move flag so you shouldn't see that text in your account now. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Just replying to an earlier post @Gandalf

I’m going to do the Plusnet upgrade first.
I went to upgrade online earlier. I picked my upgrade service, ticked “I’m happy to lose my landline” [Im really not, and understand that won’t happen]. I then get asked to book an engineer visit for early September? I’m worried it’s treating it like a new install rather than a upgrade? Would I be better off calling customer services as I don’t have a huge amount of faith in this online journey.

Thanks!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah that's fine as I'd have expected that to happen. The website won't recognise that you're already on FTTP, because your account is pretty much a bodge from FTTC. After you've put it through, I would expect the order to fail and a ticket raised for us to manually place the order, at that point we'd just place a modify order, rather than an installation.

Once the modify order completes, your account should then automatically change onto the relevant Full Fibre product. Also, don't worry the website says you'll lose your landline number, because that won't happen here. 

Arranging the upgrade over the phone would likely be done in the same way. I'm logging off at 8pm and I won't be back until Monday so if you can wait until then before putting the upgrade through, I'll be happy to oversee this. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Crellster

I'm back now so if you want to put the upgrade through I can pick it up.

Although I'm away again from Thursday through to Tuesday next week. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf , I've just placed the order, and set a random engineer visit date. 

I'm assuming that my current "addons" like BT Sport etc will be kept as well as I don't want to lose those and I have a suspicion they might be a bit more expensive now that I'm actually paying Smiley 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Awesome thanks. I've manually placed the order now and your account should be upgraded tomorrow before midnight. 

The price of the add-ons shouldn't be affected so you'd still pay for BT Sport on top of the full fibre subscription. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Crellster, things have completed on our suppliers side, and your account should automatically change over to the 500mbps full fibre package anytime before midnight tonight, so you may not need a speed increase until that's happened.

I won't be in the office tomorrow but I can check back on Tuesday next week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Crellster,

The account change has completed and you're now a proud owner of a full fibre account type (with BT Sport). Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet