Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Fault

FIXED
Schiehallion
Grafter

Re: Landline Fault

Well updating the ticket seems to have had an effect.

Got this reply this morning.

"i am currently working on your ticket i have ran my tests and checked over the engineer report and multiple engineers have checkd into the issue since the fault was reported on the 30/10 as the issue is noisy and is only happining 50% the time this makes it a bit more difficult for open reach to directly locate the fault as such this has been escalated by open reach for the ce team to investigate this at this stage this is not an appointment with yourself however this team are more thourough and will test every part from exchange to your home at this stage there is no appointment however should this change then we will keep you updated"
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Schiehallion wrote:

Plusnet phoned me today. Onother Openreach appointment has been arranged for Thursday AM.

Thursday? The symptoms outlined in Message #6 strongly suggest a digital switching network fault, and the OP's additional observation in Message #7 conclusively confirms it.

Why not send an appropriate engineer straight to the exchange instead of wasting time making an appointment to check the copper pair?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@198kHz 

All probably related to permitted engineering request.  The CP can request a copper pair check, but not exchange equipment check.  I suspect that request needs to come from the BTOR boots on the ground...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Townman wrote:

The CP can request a copper pair check, but not exchange equipment check.  I suspect that request needs to come from the BTOR boots on the ground...

Thanks @Townman What a bizarre Kafkaesque stupid self-defeating system! 🙄

That no doubt explains the OP's observation in Message #1:

********************************************************************************************

Not having any luck with getting this issue resolved. Openreach engineers have been at his house at least 3 times and acknowledge there is an issue, at their end. Openreach engineers have also phoned him various times from the exchange. However, Plusnet’s suppliers (who I assume must be Openreach) repeatedly notify Plusnet that the issue is resolved and the tickets just get closed.

This has been ongoing since 30th October. The 3 tickets raised (for the one fault) are at the top of this post.

[my bold]

********************************************************************************************

Very frustrating watching this alleged 'customer service'.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

I completely understand where you are coming from and what's incredibly frustrating is how little we can do from our side. I can see our guys are keeping an eye on it for you though and I can see they have been pushing back for you. I will keep a close eye on it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Schiehallion
Grafter

@willcutforth wrote:

I completely understand where you are coming from and what's incredibly frustrating is how little we can do from our side. I can see our guys are keeping an eye on it for you though and I can see they have been pushing back for you. I will keep a close eye on it for you.

I do appreciate that Plusnet are trying to resolve this. Thanks for keeping an eye on this problem. I appreciate any input you can give.

@198kHz @Townman 

Purely for info.

There was an internal note added to the ticket yesterday morning. (My wording) There have been 7 engineer visits overall, not all of them to the house (some only to the exchange). All 7 engineers say that there is an issue and that they haven’t fixed the fault and that further intervention is needed.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Schiehallion according to the system there is an engineer scheduled for tomorrow but I will still keep an eye on it for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Schiehallion I can see an engineer came out today but it doesn't look like it is fully fixed yet, Am I right in thinking this?

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Schiehallion
Grafter

@willcutforth wrote:

@Schiehallion I can see an engineer came out today but it doesn't look like it is fully fixed yet, Am I right in thinking this?

No engineer visited the house, but they possibly visited the exchange. We were aware, from the support ticket, that they might not come to the house.

Am waiting on an update to the support ticket to see what the state of play is. May still be work in progress.

Thanks for asking though.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Have you had the update @Schiehallion from Openreach? The update from the Openreach system thinks it's resolved. Can you confirm this for me?

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Schiehallion
Grafter

@willcutforth 

Thanks for getting back to me. Haven't had any update from Openreach. The last entry on the support ticket was Friday 25th November as below:

"Thank you for your patience.

I have checked up on your fault however we can see no progress at this time but we are expecting to get more information soon, we will get in touch when we have an update.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

+++INTERNAL+++
Holding until after update from WLR3

CSS RLT TESTS RESULTS LINE TEST OK ALL SOCKETS UNPLUGGED CSS RLT Test DIAL TONE DRAWN DSB = PASSED - DSB TESTING IN SERVICE CARD = PASSED - TESTING IN SERVICE RN-DSB RESULT =BUSY , RESULT CODE: H'FFFF H'FFFF SM - ONESM / DESTE NO FAULT HAS BEEN FOUND. MANUAL TEST REQUIRED AS REPORT CODE REQUIRES FURTHER INVESTIGATION handled by CAPS 3 Robot.

This Question is now on hold until Friday 2nd December at 7:00am."

I can confirm that the phone line has worked perfectly since Thursday 24th, without any issues. Made numerous phone calls and numerous test phone calls, every day. Everything now good.

@willcutforth  Are you able to post up what the fault was?

Would particularly like to thank @198kHz.  When I updated the support ticket to ask Plusnet to look at this thread and @198kHz's comments, things seemed to happen (and get resolved) quickly.

This fault was with my father's phone line, and he is quite happy now. Thanks everyone, for your input.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Schiehallion It looks like it was an exchange equipment fault from the engineer notes. Sometimes they can be very vague

Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Schiehallion
Grafter

@willcutforth 

Thanks for that info. The main thing is that it's fixed.