cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my phone line and Internet BUGGED

CharlesLindley

Is my phone line and Internet BUGGED

I am getting concerned and going around in circles at the moment . I  left Talk Talk because of these problems and dealing with overseas call centres that couldn't understand the English language and were only interested in selling more services  Angry  now the problem has followed me here to Plus Net a internet provider based in my own city so how hard can it be to make contact let me tell you it very hard when your internet is down and the land line insist on dropping the call before support team gets to you in the que. I am sick and tired of plugging and unplugging the router and signing in only to be informed that my password or user name doesn't  work . I have people who rely on me to be contactable at all time through face time and by phone , I am losing money through all this two Offcom engineers later one from Talk Talk and one from Plus Net and still not resolved it's been like this since early January JUST WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO to get this problem resolved it's making me ill and angry I may have to chain myself up at the gates of Plus Net it's only down the road  Crazy
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Is my phone line and Internet BUGGED

Hi there,
From reading your post you have a fault, you had the same issue with your previous provider and it's continued when you've moved to us? This can often happen as if the fault is on the copper line, it'll be the same with pretty much all ISPs as the infrastructure is unlikely to change moving between them.
I am losing money through all this two Offcom engineers later one from Talk Talk and one from Plus Net and still not resolved

I can't see that we've requested an engineer to visit you yet, nor has the fault been fully reported to Openreach.
Your line is disconnecting a lot as can be seen on the image below.

Are you plugged in to the master telephone socket?
Is there any noise on the phone line when you're plugged in to the master socket?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CharlesLindley

Re: Is my phone line and Internet BUGGED

Hi Chris  thanks for taking notice . I have had Internet  service  for several years without any problems It was after seeing a engineer up the telegraph pole where my line comes to my house from that time my problems started at the time I was with Talk Talk and expected them to solve the problem that was early January I had a home visit and was assured that I had no problem in the home but the problem remained so after much bother I crossed over to Plus Net  but the problem still remained even after a engineer  sent by Plus Net had supposedly fixed the problem at the junction box and didn't require a visit to my home.  At this present time we have another engineers visit booked for Thursday morning  I managed to arrange this over the phone today  in the few moments my phone actually worked it dropped the connection but the lad on the other end phoned me back and we arranged hopefully a home visit.. The phone is still acting up and my internet connection is the same I have tried everything suggested and I believe it's a line fault hopefully the next  one might even get the ladders out and look into the junction box at the top of the pole. I have one master socket in my home the one that has all ways been used previously with other providers there is no Dial tone on my phone  I will post the result after the engineers visit . Thanks for taking the time with this