Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book an engineer ?

FIXED
djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

How to book an engineer ?

My phone/broadband line comes into the house through a stone mullion window and into a very old fashioned Telecom junction box which is in a very poor condition,terminals are rusted etc.from this box it looks like the previous occupier has had installed what looks like a very basic extension box from which I have run my Dect phone and BB router which is working OK with fibre to the cabinet.

What I would like is an engineer to visit and replace the  archaic Telecom junction box with an NTE5 master socket, but how do I go about it,can I go direct to Openreach,if so how ? or do I have to go through Plusnet ?

Any advice please.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: How to book an engineer ?

Fix

@djh22 

You have to go through Plusnet if you want Openreach to do it but be aware that there might be a steep charge.

Alternatives are:

1. Leave it until you have a problem, when Openreach will probably do it for free.

2. Although strictly against the rules if you look in your local press you might find a local retired telecoms engineer who will do it for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Baldrick1, yea much as I thought really, strange thing is we did have a fault not long ago, nodial tone, Openreach visited and repaired the fault, I asked if he would upgrade to  an NTE5 but he said there was no need which is fair enough as I have a clear line and good BB stats, so I guess if I want it I'll have to pay for it.

Cheers for the reply.

djh22
Aspiring Pro

Wouldn't like to tinker with this myself -'20200908_171555.jpg