cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homephone Repairs

notheruser
Grafter

Re: Homephone Repairs

Any time I've had to contact Force9/PlusNet, I've found that they are helpful, courteous and responded quickly. That's in complete contrast to a number of other major UK companies I've had the displeasure of dealing with, who are abnoxious, arrogant, unhelpful, slow, and need to be called several times before they do anything. So if PN are only doing their job, I'd like to say, "Thanks guys for doing it properly - keep up the good work!"
Having dealt directly with BT on many occasions, I have found that you very often have to prove to them that you've really got a problem before they act on your complaint. IF PN are getting fast response from BT, I'd surmise that it's because they've developed a relationship with them, wherby BT staff trust PN staff to be passing on accurate information, having already carried out meaningful tests. Having such a relationship will result in faster resolution times. (By contrast, ISP's who just automatically fire everything off to BT without carrying out any tests, or asking meaningful questions of their customers, will not get the same response from BT.) I'm not suggesting that Openreach would offer a preferential service to anyone - I'm just saying that their attitude and their behaviour on receiving a call is likely to be different depending on who it comes from, and that person's past history of dealing with them in a professional manner.
Being in the IT service industry myself, I'd have to agree with the sentiments expressed here by others - a "thank you" makes a world of difference, and encourages you to keep trying to provide a good service. There is nothing as demoralising as thinking that no-one appreciates your work.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Yes and another problem with dealing with BT retail as against PN dealing with BTw is that the call centre for BT seems to be in the far east and it near impossible to get them to understand English let alone what you are talking about Crazy
Javert
Grafter

Well done, Poppy, for giving praise where it was due.  If CS hadn’t bothered to pass on the message so promptly, then obviously BT wouldn’t have done the job so promptly.
Like you, Poppy, I like to praise where appropriate – but, similarly, when I need to complain – I do, loudly!