cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone/Landline

Alfie1

Home Phone/Landline

Do i get charged to cancel my land line number? I have 9 months left on my policy

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Home Phone/Landline

@Alfie1 

If you mean that you have 9 months left on your contract the answer is yes - you will be charged early termination fees for the time left. Plusnet can tell you how much that will come to. Such charges may well be set out in the email you received when you signed up for the contract

I also assume that you mean that you will be cancelling your broadband and line rental, as you cannot have broadband without a landline (unless you are on full fibre).

Alfie1

thanks for your reply, no I dont want to cancel Broadband just line rental, no one has a actual phone these days..

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 268

@Alfie1 You cannot cancel 'just line rental' - your broadband signal comes down the phone line - without a line, you have no broadband.

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Alfie1 wrote:

thanks for your reply, no I dont want to cancel Broadband just line rental, no one has a actual phone these days..

You might choose not to use voice services over the connection, however the line rental covers the provision of the connection for the data service as well.  Your contract is an all in one price, just due to history, it shows as two components on the bill.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.