cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Storm damage

FIXED
Ennylwen

Help - Storm damage

I have no landline or mobile phone line due to recent storms.  How can I report a fault on my landline without access to a phone line?  An email address to engineer would be useful. 

12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Help - Storm damage

@Ennylwen Difficult, I agree, but now you have posted on here, I would hope one of the Help Team will pick this up. How have you posted this, with no land-line or mobile?

Which engineer do you hope to contact by email?

John
Ennylwen

Thanks for your reply.  I have WiFi but no dial tone on my landline and the mobile mast has been down since Saturday.  So I am able to email and WhatsApp but neither is any good in this situation.  As you say, maybe an engineer will pick up on here. Fingers crossed!

Baldrick1
Fixes: 416

@Ennylwen 

You obviously have access to t’internet to post here so report it at https://faults.plus.net.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ennylwen

Thanks for your reply.  My broadband is fine. It’s the phone line that has no dial tone.  All handsets are cordless so just ordered a corded phone in case it’s my handsets that are the problem.  On fttp.  Don’t know if that makes a difference.  

Ennylwen

I’ve reported the problem via the address you gave me. Thanks.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Fix

@Ennylwen 

Presumably you don't have WiFi calling available on your mobile phone?

That may need enabling manually in the phones settings, but is also handset and provider dependent.  The main providers support it but I don't think PN Mobile does (if they happen to be who you use).

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting in touch @Ennylwen and I'm really sorry for the issues you're having with your landline phone. I can see that our system has raised this with our suppliers, and we're hoping to have it resolved by 07/02/2022.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Ennylwen

Thanks.  I reset my phone (I forgot to do it after changing provider!) so now I can make calls.  Still got a dead line but at least I’ve managed to report it now.

thanks everyone who replied.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

No problem @Ennylwen

Give us a shout if you're still having issues beyond the 7th and we'll be happy to take a look. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Ennylwen

The line seems active but I have a 2 tone dial tone when I pick up.  How do I get rid of this? Is it a message? I have an answerphone on my handset which usually kicks in but obviously not when the line was down.  If this is a message how do I retrieve it?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Ennylwen  Dial 1571

Ennylwen

Thanks