cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Advice Needed

MaxKorin

Help - Advice Needed

I have an open ticket for this issue, but after 2 days with no response from Plusnet it appears I need ask elsewhere to find a solution.  Undecided
Here is my situation.
As part of opening a new bank account with telephone banking, I need to prove that my land-line telephone number is linked to my address.
Because I am sick of unsolicited phone calls, I am supposed to be ex-directory - even though I still receive 1-2 calls each week.....
( Obviously my number was registered and passed on to someone at the very start of my contract !!! )
Being ex-directory means the bank cannot use that method to verify my land-line.
Alternatively the bank will only accept an ORIGINAL HARD COPY of a recent phone bill - Nothing printed by me or sent by email.
I asked Plusnet customer services if a hard copy of my phone bill could be posted out to me.
The lady I spoke to said it was not possible. All bills are produced ONLINE only.
I asked if ANY kind of hard copy letter could be generated in the system to confirm my address and land-line number.
She told me - There is NO postal communication of any kind. Everything is done online or via email.  Sad
I find it VERY difficult to believe that there is No possibility of having some form of hard copy documentation sent out to me by post
that confirms my land line number at this address.
A simple request - A very poor attitude from Plusnet  Angry
Does anyone in the forums know of a way to acquire hard copy proof and confirmation of my Land-line Number and Address ?
Any advice is welcome as I am still waiting for any kind of response or acknowledgement from Plusnet
Thanks
Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help - Advice Needed

Hi MaxKorin,
I'm sorry for your experience with regards to this situation.
I've raised this with a colleague and they will provide an update on Ticket: 84890189 within the next 24 hours.
Hopefully this can be resolved for you.
MaxKorin

Re: Help - Advice Needed

Thank you Linn
As if by magic - I already have a ticket response !  Roll_eyes
And I am happy to report I also have a successful outcome - a confirmation letter is to be posted out tomorrow.
I'm reserving judgement until the letter actually arrives ! But for now I am happy that my request wasn't impossible !
Thanks again
Cheesy