cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Phone Fault now taken broadband offline

penguintime
Not applicable

HELP - Phone Fault now taken broadband offline

I have already raised a ticket (89944385) to advise Plusnet of the fact that my Phone Line went dead on Tuesday 12th August 2014.
At this time my Plusnet broadband wasn't affected, so at least I could communicate online.
I got a response saying it would be looked at and dealt with on 18th August and corrected.
Today however, not only is the phone offline, but I have lost my broadband services too.
I now have lost all of my Plusnet services. I am having to use a family members internet to write this note now.
The note didn't mention anything about the broadband going offline in the search for the reason for the dead phone line. I therefore haven't a clue what is going on.
Could a Plusnet rep please look at this and sort this out ASAP.
Thanks.
Penguintime
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: HELP - Phone Fault now taken broadband offline

Hi penguintime,
Really sorry to hear you've lost broadband connection today.
I'll be calling you shortly to discuss your fault. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
penguintime
Not applicable

Update to say that Openreach arrived and found an issue in the cabinet.  It was corrected and my Phone and broadband are back online.
However on testing my broadband speed it seems to be limited to around the 9 meg mark in BTWholesale tests for download instead of around 14 meg it normally is.
Logging on the box the connection seems correct at the 16mb level, so this limiting seems to be with yourselves.
Also the upload speed is again limited by both connection and speed to 0.5 meg - when it should be connecting at the 1.5mb mark.
Could you look at both of these and sort them so I can get the proper broadband speed for my line?
May I also ask how the refunds for the amount of time my phone and broadband was offline will be made? Do I request this by you or is it done automatically?
Thanks for all the help.
Penguintime
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know how it went with your phone fault.
I've updated your speed profile which should push the download speed back up to where it was before, however, it may take a while for the upload to jump back up following the disconnection. Monitor this for the next few days and see how you get on and come back if the upload speed's still low.
EDIT: I've also processed the refund for you for the downtime.