cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freephone calls to Plusnet to report faults??

pcoventry76
Grafter

Re: Freephone calls to Plusnet to report faults??

i was gonna say i hope my minutes aren't off peak on pro
paulby
Grafter

150/151/152 will not work without the 0800 800 prefix should the customer be calling from a home phone service.  Also, it would be relatively pointless phoning them as you would not be a customer of theirs.

Perhaps what was meant was more along the lines of the following (taken from Openreach's WLR3 document😞
"Route to 150, 151, 154, 156 (Route to 15x)
Route to 150, 151, 154, 156 (also known by the generic term “Route to 15x”) allows CPs to directly receive calls made by End Users to pre-defined “customer service” numbers on CP managed lines (except lines connected to a UXD5 exchange).
Historically these numbers have been used by End Users to contact BT Retail. However, they now apply to all CPs. The CP nominates a freephone number to be associated with each 15x number. They can then direct the freephone number to route to their customer services teams. CPs may use the same freephone number against multiple 15x numbers. This is a chargeable service. If a CP does not wish to use this service, then End Users will hear a generic announcement whenever they dial a 15x number, for which there is no cost."

Obviously a "freephone" number would need to be set up which would probably make the whole thing non cost effective as the 0800 service would need to be paid for in addition to the "Route to 15x" service.
itsme
Grafter

Can see some problems arising from this. I know that other providers do us 151 etc but most users are aware that these are short dial codes.
Currently with BT the full number is 0800 800 151 so what will the full number be if PN sign up for this? The full number need to be known as the short dial codes will only work using the suppliers connection. If that's down then other suppliers systems could be used to report the fault.
Mark
Grafter

Bob et al.
You have raised some valid points and I am happy to explore the feasibility of providing Home Phone support via a free phone number or short code dial number.
I will make no promises as to our eventual delivery or otherwise of this, but the idea is sound and reasonable and I am happy to have the conversation internally.
I do remember a similar conversation being had some months ago within the business but for the life of me I cannot remember how the conversation went.
I'll try and get some answers before the week is out.
pcoventry76
Grafter

Mark,
PN could resolve this by allowing people to either ring free from their BB phone - allowing people with offpeak minutes to not be penalised.
Or maybe a shortcode? 7000 is to test so why not put a shortcode for support?
Just an idea. if i need to ring you then i just use my bbphone minutes. I appreciate if someones ADSL has gone down then they need to ring you - however is this really an issue when you consider ALL your homephone packages include free evening and weeknd calls - of which your 01142 number will be included anyway. If not then your 01142 number will be included in Mobile minutes, and let's face it we ALL have those!
I fail to see the need to employ a further phone number for support when we all have numerous ways to get intouch in the event of a fault - even if the phoneline goes down with the ADSL
This is where ADSL will always differ from Cable - Cable is indepdent units and when one goes down the others dont follow
Just my view
Bob_Milton
Grafter

Mark,
Just a gentle reminder.
On 16/10/2007, you said,
"I'll try and get some answers before the week is out."
Is there any news please?
Bob Milton
beano
Grafter

I've just joined Plus Net but I wouldn't see this as a priority.
If my home phone line went down then I'd most likely have to call from a mobile, which means the 01x number is much more useful than an 0800 one which PN would presumably have to pay to receive calls on. In fact having a geographical number was a major selling point for me since they're more useful than "freephone".
I'll also be using 1899 for peak-time calls meaning that if I need to contact PN for any other reason using my landline I can do so for nothing at evenings/weekends or for 3p during the day.
Comparing this with Tiscali, my last ISP, their 0871 number was 5p/min from their own lines and 10p/min from any other landline (and anything up to £2/min from mobiles AFAIK).