Did you mean: 

Do I still need an engineer?

FIXED
map1984
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Do I still need an engineer?

Hi everyone.
The wiring in my area isn't very good, I often get a fault (once or twice a year, like many people on my street), where the line gets noisier and noisier and the net disconnects(which in the past typically required an engineer to go to local green box or occasionally can be cleared remotely).

Anyway, a week passed and I contacted plusnet on the 21st, he booked an engineer straight in for me after a quick line test..

"Your engineer has been booked for 25/01/22 between 8AM-1PM. Please call us on 0800 432 0200 if the appointment needs rearranging."

However, within 24 hours of speaking to plusnet the line seems to have been fixed, I can't think the problem has gone by itself, as it never does, but for at least 2 days the line has been clear and fully functional.
Any advice on what to do, I don't want to waste plusnet/openreach time, but of course I don't know if the problem has had any attention.
Thanks for any advice, Mark
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Do I still need an engineer?

Fix

Hi Mark,

I've taken a look into this for you and testing your line, things do look good at the moment, but the problem may be intermittent, so it may be worth leaving the engineer booked and they'll be able to make sure there's nothing obvious causing a problem they can fix and I'm sure they won't mind, even if everything does check out OK.

If you'd like to cancel the engineer visit though, feel free to reply to the ticket we've logged on your account Here and post back afterwards, and I'll make sure we cancel it as soon as we can, although there's a possibility due to how soon the visit is, we may not be able to cancel the appointment as it may be allocated into engineers workstacks. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
map1984
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll leave it booked in. Appreciate your help!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem Mark, and sounds like a plan.

Let me know how the visit goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet