Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crackly Phone Line and no Internet Connection

FIXED
winnie710
Dabbler

Re: Crackly Phone Line and no Internet Connection

Thank you both so much. My nephew has said he'll do another check later this evening and I'll let you know the outcome either later today or tomorrow morning
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Do keep us up to date, @winnie710 .

John
winnie710
Dabbler

@jab1 @BD Hi. Have plugged a corded phone into the master socket and can confirm that the line is still crackly. The wifi router is showing a stronger signal today but the phone line crackle has got worse.

I believe a fault has already been logged so please could you proceed with this.
winnie710
Dabbler

@BD if I understood correctly yesterday, you did raise a fault?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

@winnie710 Good morning. Reading @BD 's post yesterday, he did not raise a fault, but now you have confirmed the fault appears to be external, he (or one of his colleagues) will do so.

Just to confirm something - you did plug the phone directly into the test socket?

John
winnie710
Dabbler

@jab1 thank you very much.
@BD please can you confirm that you've raised a fault please? I'm worried about being without a phone line.
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @winnie710, @BD has raised a ticket on the account since we'll need to progress this with an engineer. The direct link to reply to this ticket is: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id= 201392493

If you're not able to reply there, it might be best to send me a private message so I can get your nephew authorised on the account and arrange to call when you and your nephew are available so we can get this sorted.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
winnie710
Dabbler

@WillF I have replied and asked for my nephew to be added as an authorised user, along with my niece who is already a registered authorised user.
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @winnie710, I've actioned that for you. If you can reply on the ticket with some availability as per my email I can get the engineer booked in for you. Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
winnie710
Dabbler

Hi @WillF I thought I had. I said anytime this week would be best as my nephew is off work. Next week becomes harder as he will need a specific time range.

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @winnie710

Thanks for fast answer. I have now booked engineer visit for tomorrow morning between 8am and 1pm.

If you will need any further assistance after this visit please reply here or on fault ticket on  your account.

You should receive confirmation email with fault reference number on this ticket shortly.

winnie710
Dabbler

@Tibzor Thank you. Is it possible for the engineer to call my nephew when he is on his way please. He only lives 10 mins away. I gave you his details in the reply in my account earlier.
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Fix

Thanks for fast answer, I have sent additional note to Openreach with yours nephew contact number.