cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmed calls

nadger
Rising Star

Re: Confirmed calls

Interesting question - at a guess it would continue racking up the cost until the call was disconnected. The credit limit is applied by PlusNet but the call information would have to come from BT
As an aside I've never yet seen an unconfirmed call appear as quickly as a 4 hour system update would suggest - not that I find that a problem.
Mand
Grafter

TBH 4 hours is a little out of date now, the scripts take a fair bit longer than this to process these days due to the number of calls we now deal with each day. This is something we're looking to see if we can speed up at present.
Regarding the premium rate question, it would be once the call was confirmed, as we don't take the cost of calls off your credit limit until they are confirmed.
baldrick
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Mand,
From what you are saying, my understanding is that my sitting back smugly thinking that there is no way that more than £50 of charged calls could be added to my account in a month is a total myth. The fact is I could inadvertently rack up hundreds of pounds of costs before the Plusnet logging system got into gear.
It may be my age but I could swear that I have read somewhere the opinion that there is little justification for having the facility to block premium rate calls because of the credit limit.
As this appears untrue can we please have the option to block premium rate numbers?
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I agree. I consoled myself when I took my phone service away from BT (with its free Premium Rate Call Barring option) that the worst that could happen if my phone line was misused would be that I would pay £50. Even Premium Rate Call barring doesn't cover all of the costly calls that could be made and Plusnet does not currently offer a fuller barring service even to people who are willing to pay for it. The current situation is particularly bad if call confirmations are taking days to arrive.
godsell4
Rising Star

WOW. PN need to decide how to deal with this situation promptly.
Certainly this 'credit limit' feature does not work as advertised/expected. Maybe the risk of this problem happening is low, but I think a customer would be supported by the courts that this 'feature' of the Homephone service was expected to stop such a problem happening.  Shocked
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
alanf
Aspiring Pro

I have a call from 15/05/2008 still unconfirmed although some later calls have been confirmed. Calls made early in the afternoon of 19/05/2008 are not showing yet  (even as unconfirmed).
paulby
Grafter

None of my calls from the 15th May are showing as confirmed either. 
I've also checked with a couple of relatives who are with PN and none of their calls for that day are confirmed. 
edit: typo
James
Grafter

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the heads up on that one.  Could you possibly send me the usernames of your relatives so that I can get a problem raised with a few examples so that we can then try and catch up on the call records for any that are missing.
Would appreciate it.
paulby
Grafter

@jameseh
PM sent!
Paul
James
Grafter

Thanks for that Paul.
I've raised this as Problem 51632 as a P2 with the examples that you have given me.
However, it doesn't looked like everyone is affected as Mand's account is showing as having confirmed calls for the 15th.
alanf
Aspiring Pro

Further to my message #20.
An unconfirmed call has appeared for yesterday morning but the calls made early yesterday afternoon are still not showing at all 24 hours later.
The call from the 15th is still unconfirmed.
bobboulby
Grafter

If it helps to track down the problem, I've also got an odd unconfirmed call from the 16th with calls from the 17th and 18th all confirmed.
Bob
bobboulby
Grafter

I've still got an unconfirmed call from the 16th plus no call records at all since the 19th.
Bob
alanf
Aspiring Pro

My calls for the 19th registered belatedly but the call from the 15th is still unconfirmed.
paulby
Grafter

@jameseh
Has there been any progress on the P2 that you raised?
Calls are still unconfimed for the 15th (on all the accounts I mentioned) and, like bobboulby above, my call records haven't updated since the 19th although my relatives' accounts are showing calls up to the 21st but nothing beyond that. (Things might just be slow in updating?)