cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the 1 hour limit on unlimited calls

Deekyevans07
Hooked

Changing the 1 hour limit on unlimited calls

I pay for unlimited landline calls, why is it at that we are charged for calls that go over an hour? 

Why is it at at an hour when i pay for unlimited, why am i being limited to these increments of time

I have unlimited Internet, this is not sectioned into pockets of time

Does anyone else on an unlimited home phone package agree? 

7 REPLIES 7
Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Changing the 1 hour limit on unlimited calls

I can only have a guess at this but maybe the 'unlimited' calls refers to the the number of calls made, not the time it takes to make them...just a theory. If you've noticed, most companies (including BT and TalkTalk) limit call times to 1 hour.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

This is only my assumption, so may be incorrect, but I think that the providers are still paying per minute on these included calls, and they'll be averaging out the cost of them to make the monthly package cost.  As such the 1 hour limit will be to reduce the risk of someone making a call and leaving it connected indefinitely, and so costing then large amounts.  With the additional effort of having to hang up and redial (although only small), it does dissuade people from doing that, and if they do then the cost is passed on and hence the risk lower for the provider.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I've just spotted that you've got another post about this as well: https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/One-hour-limit/td-p/1499666

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Good point @pjmarsh

I think the other problem is with handsets. My parents had some which were [-Censored-], and you'd put them into the receiver assuming that it has worked and ended the call. It hadn't. These phones unless you put the receiver the right way it doesn't cut the call.

Problem was it was so easy to put it around the wrong way, and not realise.

Deekyevans07
Hooked

I thought that one didnt post apologies, is there a way to get rid of one? 

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

Mods will sort it out @Deekyevans07 Smiley

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Thread locked in favour of this earlier one.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine