cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change over date

coastergrotto
Grafter

Re: Change over date

I had my 'Thanks for choosing Home Phone from PlusNet' email on 25 March 2008 at 14:22.  Since then - nothing.
The latest Service Status on Thursday 27 March 2008, at 17:13 promised an update on Monday.  As yet - nothing.
I thought it was new orders that were being prioritised at the expense of 'featured' orders, so why the delay?
Could someone please let me know what is happening to my order?
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Our "Thanks for choosing etc" email was on 29th Feb and the line went over on 27th March, which was almost 4 weeks later.
I had second email on 12th March saying it was being processed and got the date on 14th. I was told here that the initial delay was while the direct debit details were being confirmed, as I previously paid for broadband only via credit card.
Hope this helps.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
coastergrotto
Grafter

That delay shouldn't apply to me as my payments have always been taken by direct debit since I first joined PlusNet nearly 4 years ago.
I note the Service Status Feed has still not been updated despite the promise:
We'd like to thank you for your patience during this matter, and will provide a further update on Monday.
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,

Hopefully the vast majority of the delayed orders will get placed tomorrow. I'll update Service Status first thing in the morning.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Thanks Mand.  Hope to hear something tomorrow.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Just an update to thank Mand for getting things moving.  Service Status has been updated and I have just received an email from Plusnet to confirm that they are now starting to process my Home Phone Order which may take up to 2-3 weeks to complete.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Quote from: Paul03
You can either blackhole all your postmaster mail or change your contact address to postmaster@ instead of your default address. 

Thanks Paul.  The latter option appears to have worked as I am now only receiving one email from Plusnet.
sisko
Dabbler

Well - here I am, a newbie, after a bit of a traumatic day! (Problems with new router :-\)
However, all sorted now and free from the dreaded Pipex!
My question is - since Pipex pulled the plug on my internet access at 12.15 today - I presume until I get connected to PN Anytime, that my calls will be billed by BT?  (I was on the 24/7 calls with Pipex as well and wondering if this facility was also pulled) If this is the case then shame, as I had several calls to PN for tech. help and advice.  At least, compared to other ISPs we're not held on the phone for 30/40 minutes before someone picking up the call.
However, I have had different views on when my 'anytime' calls will be connected. One said 7-10 days, another said 2 - 3 weeks, all dependant on BT.  I did get an acknowledgement email to say this would be processed, but the time factor wasn't mentioned in this.
Does this depend on where we are in the country?  Does it depend on how efficient our local BT engineers are?
Just wondering, that's all, as I usually make loads of daytime calls but will have to curtail this activity until I'm up and running with PN.
Nice to be part of this new family.  It actually seems to be like that, reading some of the posts here. At least there's somebody 'official' to look in and comment on members' problems.  Let's hope PN doesn't get so big that the human touch disappears!
paulby
Grafter

Did you pay line rental to Pipex or was it still paid to BT with calls charged by Pipex?
If it's the latter it may depend on whether or nor Pipex arranged to cease your CPS on the same day as your broadband migration.  However, if it's the former and you paid Pipex for line rental then you would have had to specifically request a move to BT retail (complete with a 12 month contract) for them to take over your line and bill you (in your case you've asked for a move to PN and you'd be with Pipex until the move completed).
sisko
Dabbler

I paid Pipex for Broadband and calls.  Line rental is paid to BT.   
I hate to think how much I clocked up yesterday in normal rate calls, still it was all worth it in the end.
Just be useful to get a rough idea of how long before PN takes over everything.  People will think I've disappeared off the face of the earth as I'm def, not making am calls until then - they tend to be lengthy  Undecided
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Looking into your account your order to move to us has been rejected, due to open orders on the line. We have added an updated to your ticket, with the new date BT Openreach have given us.
I suspect that Pipex have placed an order on your line to remove their services, which is causing the delay, but to confirm that you'd need to speak to BT Retail (as they currently own the line).
If the above is correct then from the date the current order completes, to the day our order completes you would be charged at BT Retail standard rate.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I have been given my change over date to Home Phone for 16th April.    I assume this is an automatic process and requires no input from me as I will be out of the country on that date.
paulby
Grafter

Correct!  You don't have to do anything - the changes will be made by BT Openreach and you'll be on PlusNet's phone service when you return.
coastergrotto
Grafter

I thought as much.  Thanks Paul for confirming it.