cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

FIXED
agavin
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

Hello.
I have upon returning home from work found that I cannot make or receive calls and that i am unable to access the internet.
- Upon trying to make a call out, I simply get a constant crackling sound.
- When attempting to call my landline number, I am instantly put through to the answerphone and told that the line is in use.
- I can connect to the router without any issue (wired and wireless), but have no internet connectivity.
My house has only one phone socket, in which the router and phone is attached via the supplied splitter. I have tried with a replacement splitter, and also by just plugging a wired telephone directly into the socket (no dial tone and the same issues when attempting to call out or receive a call).
The wires, socket, etc... have never been touched in the 5 years I have lived in the property, and no hardware changes have been made.
Up until noticing this issue today I have had absolutely no problems with either the phone or internet.
I have had a look at any visible cable going into my house, and cannot see any reason to believe that it had been moved/damaged in any way.
Upon performing a line check, I was informed that problems were found on my line. But am obviously unable to call customer services (due to my phone not working), and the online chat is not available after 10pm (I work a lot of long days, so have limited time to make such communication during the correct time/am not at home to perform any advised checks).
I dont really understand why there is not online form/email address for such problems to be reported (if there is I cannot find it; contact via the call center and online chat seems to be the only methods of communication advertised. Despite when googleing 'contact plusnet', the tagline for the contact page stating 'Use Live Chat, email, phone or send a message to contact us').
Any advice on getting this fault acknowledged and looked at would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Cannot receive or make calls, and no internet.

Assuming your phone is with Plusnet you can raise the fault here: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
agavin
Dabbler

thanks for the response. but the link directs to the line test page (which i have already done).
once a fault in the line is found, it simply directs to report via telephone or online chat (both of which i cannot do at work, and will not be home in time to do before online chat ends for the day).
i was hoping for there to be some kind of online form or email, to actually report the fault so action can be taken to get it sorted (i would not like to be without landline and internet over christmas)
cheers!
agavin
Dabbler

Fix
ok.
ive been able to do a sneeky online chat at work, and have booked an engineer visit for wednesday morning.
hopefully have internet and phone back online before christmas
Smiley