Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't keep phone number!!!!

FIXED
IceQueen
Dabbler

Can't keep phone number!!!!

Hi all, 

I want to switch my parents over from TalkTalk to Plusnet so, I went on chat today to ask a few questions.

I was told that yes, they can get everything they are looking for at a better price than TalkTalk but they will be given a new landline number, I was a bit taken aback as on the signing up page it says you retain your phone number, I did query this to make sure I had understood it right and was told I had and that they would lose their number. As my parents are of a certain age there is no way they will agree to that and to be honest I don't blame them, thankfully I hadn't gone as far as signing them up!

Can some one clarify that this is true, I'm gutted if it is, I've been with PlusNet for years and the customer service has always been great, not like TalkTalk!

Many thanks

IceQueen

4 REPLIES 4
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Can't keep phone number!!!!

Fix

Hi @IceQueen, thanks for getting in touch.

We would always try and retain a number should a customer require this, if you could please private message your parents address and telephone number I'd be happy to look into why it's been advised we can't retain the number on this occasion.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @IceQueen welcome to the forums.

I'll be very surprised if you can't keep the telephone number. The vast majority of orders where the customer isn't moving premises the number is retainable. 

It sounds to me very much like you've unfortunately been given inaccurate advice.  The best thing to do is contact our sales team on 0800 432 0080 who'll be able to check the line for you.

Let us know how you get on Smiley 

Looks like I wasn't the first to reply Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
IceQueen
Dabbler

Thanks Alice for the message. Will talk to my parents this weekend and sort out switching them over.

IceQueen

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Not a problem.

Just let us know if you need any further assistance

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team