cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can make outgoing calls on my landline but cannot receive them

alanandnadia

Can make outgoing calls on my landline but cannot receive them

Just after Christmas my landline stopped working (I could not make or receive calls).  There apparently was a problem in my area with phone lines at that time.  The problem has now been partly fixed so now we can make calls but not receive them.  When calling my landline the call clicks off straight away.

6 REPLIES 6
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can make outgoing calls on my landline but cannot receive them

Hi Alan,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Your problem description matches the possibility that your line has been cross-connected to another somewhere.  That could be an engineering error or your circuit touching another.  As a first check, dial 17070 and confirm that the line identifier is in fact your phone number.

If you ring your mobile, does it display your landline number as the calling party?

If you ring your phone, albeit that it does not ring, is the call "there" if you pick up the receiver?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanandnadia

Hi Townman

Thank you for the welcome and your advice.

I dialled 17070 and it confirmed the correct landline number.

When I telephoned my mobile it confirms that it is my landline calling.

When I ring my landline from my mobile my mobile rings once and then ends the call straight away.  It is the same with my wife's mobile. There was no call when i pick up the receiver.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Use the phone faults link below to report a phone fault on line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

alanandnadia

Thank you.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Thanks for getting in touch @alanandnadia and I'm sorry to hear about the problems on your line at the moment. When trying to test the line, I'm greeted with a "fault with diagnostic test" message - so it's clear that there's an issue somewhere.

I've raised this with Openreach now, they'll run further tests before getting back to us, though we do expect this matter to be resolved within the next 72 hours.

I've created an open Fault ticket on the account which you can both view and comment on for direct communication with our Technical Support Team here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=220808802

Moderators Note: Corrected ticked link

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
alanandnadia

Thank you