cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display help

elkieluca
Grafter

Caller display help

I now have caller display which I know is only 99p a month,  but my point of having it was to know when a call was from one daughter who lives in Ireland or the other lives in Spain.  I needed it because I get so many spam sales calls which always show as international on my phone, but my two children also show as international so I never know if its a spam call or one of them.  Is there a way to see their calls differently.  I am registered with the TPS and it seems to  make no difference I still get sales calls, at least three every day.
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Caller display help

it is a problem, TPS cant stop international, and I assume it is  Eire not being BT it shows as international
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

I have the same problem, with two offspring abroad.
The official BT line is that they don't pass on the CLI on calls from without the UK because they can't guarantee its accuracy. Seems odd to me - surely anything is better than nothing, and I can't believe the inaccuracy would be that big a problem.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If I'm expecting an important call from a certain government department I have to answer all 'Withheld' calls which are usually spam calls because the important call also withholds their number Angry
Incidentally my Daughter is currently on holiday in Turkey and if she calls my land-line it will show 'International', another source of usually ignored calls as mentioned above. Angry
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine