cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller display free from June 6th?

asdfghjkl
Grafter

Caller display free from June 6th?

I received an email some time ago stating that the monthly fee would be increasing.  As a nice gesture though, Caller Display would become free for all Plusnet customers.  I've been waiting patiently since June 6th for it to start working with my phone, but nothing has happened.  So today I logged in to the site only to discover that I can add Caller Display and other 'free' add-ons I didn't know about (such as Plusnet Call Protect) but it would cost a one-time fee of £3 pounds.  Is this correct?  If I add them will I be charged £3 pounds?

The email about free Caller Display feels like misrepresentation if so, but maybe I overlooked a footnote or something and am being entirely unreasonable.

8 REPLIES 8
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Caller display free from June 6th?

Caller Display, Voicemail and Plusnet Call Protect are all free. All others are charged

fghjkh

Is there a fee to enable?

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

No fee.

Not sure where you're seeing this reference to £3. Undecided

EDIT:  Unless you mean the '2 for £3' under 'Standard Features'.

Caller Display and Call Protect are in the 'Other' section.

Image3.jpg

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I agree with @198kHz I'd be interested to know where you were advised it'd cost you £3 as both caller display and call protect are free of charge.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
asdfghjkl
Grafter

I thought it said there was a £3 minimum fee but I don't see that now.  Presumably I misread a footnote.  Are you certain that if I add Caller Display and Plusnet Call Connect then I won't be charged a penny?  Does Plusnet Call Connect require you to have the Voicemail add on as well?

Shouldn't Caller Display have been added automatically anyway?  I've been with Plusnet around four years I think, and I can see posts from existing members saying the first they knew about Caller Display becoming free was when they got an email thanking them for their Caller Display order.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Aye those two features are completely free of charge and you don't need voicemail for call protect to work.

My understanding is that we're adding* caller display to accounts in batches from the 5th June.

If you would like it sooner I'd recommend putting it through via the member centre and it should activate within a few hours.

[edit]

*As @pjmarsh has pointed out you'd have needed to pre-register for it if you haven't already.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

There are no set up fees or rental charges for Caller Display or Call Protect.

Call Protect does not require Voicemail.

EDIT:  Gandalf types faster than me. 

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The email gave you details of how to pre-register for Caller Display:

CallerDisplay-PreRegister.PNG

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.