Did you mean: 

Caller ID not working after new contract taken out

FIXED
winjeel
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Caller ID not working after new contract taken out

Hi,
Just took out a new contract after our previous one with Plusnet ran out.
The Caller ID is not working now.
Rang #234# and got the message " caller ID will not be displayed".

We have Caller ID on our new contract, nothing has changed and our phone has been showing the caller ID on the previous Plusnet contract, so it's not the phone.

Please set up as requested.

Cheers.

21 REPLIES 21
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Caller ID not working after new contract taken out

Hi @winjeel, I've just had a look into this for you and caller display still shows as active on your line on both ours and Openreach systems, I've also performed a line test which didn't show signs of any faults, would it be OK to place an order to remove that for you then add it back on again? Each order should take just a 2 or 3 hours to go through.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, please, if you could arrange for the service to be re-started to see if that re-sets things, that would be great.

Cheers.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure and no problem, I've just placed the order to remove it and will keep an eye on that so I can place a new order to add it back on, I'm on shift until 8pm today so I should be able to get that all done before I log off.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Any news on this? I've just tried calling #234# and again got the message "caller ID will not be displayed"

Cheers.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good morning @winjeel and cheers for your patience, caller display is added back in now so can you check on that to see if it's working please? Hoping that's done the trick!

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

No, not working.
I called #234# and got the same message.
I have disconnect my modem, filter and plugged directly into the BT socket.

Gone through the filter into the BT socket.

All to no joy.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry about that winjeel, I've taken ownership of this for you on our side of things and have reported a fault over to Openreach for you and we should have an update for you within the next 72 hours. I've added more information to a fault ticket on your account here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222473803

I'll give you a shout as soon as we've got an update and cheers for your patience.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi Adam,

Do you have any progress on this as I haven't heard from you?

Cheers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see caller display's not working. Adam's on holiday until Saturday so I've picked this up for you.

I can see he updated the support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=222473803 sending you an e-mail on the 04.03.22 advising we'd need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to take a closer look.

Could you reply to that ticket with when you'll be available for a visit? If you can post back here to let me know once you've responded, I'll make sure we book the engineer for you as soon as we can.

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi,

Never received the email from Adam.
Have just replied to the support ticket.
Available 08:00-13:00.

Cheers.

winjeel
Dabbler

Hi,

I've just investigated this a bit further.

I found a post which states that dialling *#234# gave the message "callers identity will not be displayed", the same as mine.
However they were told to dial *234# to active it.

"I'm really sorry to hear that your caller display isn't working. It shows active against your account. 

To check that your caller display is active, please dial *#234# if it states that caller display is inactive or unavailable, please then dial *234# this is the correct way to manually activate it on your line. "

I have jus dialled *234# to active it and now dialling *#234# I get the message saying "callers identity will be displayed".

I have just called my home phone from my mobile and it is still says "Incoming call" no ID.

Before calling out Openreach, could you please confirm if there is a period of time to wait before this is activated?

Cheers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hello,

It's a good shout but it should be active almost immediately after the order completes our side and you've dialled that number. Let me know if you'd like me to arrange the engineer visit and I'll be happy to. 

Cheers

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
winjeel
Dabbler

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I will check a few other things first.

Leave it 24 hours, then check by phoning the line.

Remove it from my account, then add it again. Just to see if it needed a reboot.

One other thing was that the post I got the information from said that although it showed as active on my account page, it had not been activated on the line. So by turning it off then on, maybe that will sort it.

I am going through all of this because I do not think it is a hardware issue, as everything was ok until I renewed my contract, so believe it to be more of a software issue.

If I need an engineer out then I will get back to you to ask for a date.

Many thanks.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

"After new contract taken out"

Was by any chance this an upgrade from ADSL to FTTC?

"I do not think it is a hardware issue"

It is not unheard of for the ADSL pair to have been left in place in the exchange ... which is known to cause the issue you report.

A fault on the exchange line card will also cause CLI to not be displayed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.