cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID delayed and random

Lectrician

Caller ID delayed and random

Caller ID is a little hit and miss. It works most of the time with my phones, but sometimes the screen just shows "External Call" as the phone seems to have missed the burst of caller ID data.
A new phone I have missed the caller ID data every time.  I have tested this phone on a BT line and it works fine.
Is the caller ID differently provisioned on a Plusnet line, or is there an issue with mine?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Caller ID delayed and random

Hi there, part of how caller ID works is down to the phone you use.
Ours is a standard Openreach call feature so is no different to other providers that use the same supplier.
Do let us know if you're able to replicate the issue with a few different handsets as that would tend to hint at a fault.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dingerdoidge

I've only just signed up for plusnet and had been with sky for 13 years with no problems with caller id..now I'm with plusnet I'm just getting external caller appearing on the phone screen when people are calling so I have no idea who it is.....there's no way it's my phone because 2 days ago with sky it was fine and showing incoming telephone numbers......
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I believe this is because you don't actually have caller display active on your account/phone line.
You can add call features Here.
I hope this helps.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BRABUS
Grafter

Our caller ID has become random as well.  We are using the same phone and haven't changed our contract or anything for ages.
Oddly I tend to find that I get more issues when called by someone on the same exchanges as me who are also Plus Net customers.
jimbo121
Dabbler

Sadly I am into the second month of been without caller ID as BT can not find any fault and then said I had never had it contrary to having it for about 3 years go figure that one out.