Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display

MrT
Grafter

Re: Caller Display

Quote from: Ben
Unfortunately we have no mechanism available for adding caller display as a permanent free feature.

Could you not replace the unit price of £0.99 by £0.00. This would make it a free service.  Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry, I should have appended -on an account by account basis. System wide, of course, it's easy but as has already been pointed out - the cost of this feature is built into the commercials of the product and it's way above me to make a call to change that Smiley
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Oh well, keep nagging, Plusnet accountants may listen eventually!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Will do Smiley
Laroc
Grafter

Generated a ticket to see if PN would give a long term ADSL customer, a free Caller Display if I abandoned BT
Their reply reads:=
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now escalated your Question [number  61058*** ]
for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr ******
Thank you for your query. Regrettably we would be unable to offer anything other than our current products as they currently stand.

Oh, well back to BT and renew for another year then
PN just lost another customer with their "head in the sand attitude"
elkieluca
Grafter

Well if they gave it to you I would want it too. Huh
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I think that only works when you're threatening to leave   Sad
Laroc
Grafter

Quote from: maryf
Well if they gave it to you I would want it too. Huh

This is perfectly true, so it would be easier for them as suggested earlier, to charge a fee of 0.00p per month.
Seems odd to me, customers are clamering for this option but someone is obviously not listening.
To late for me now, I will have to stick with India for another 12 months
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The Support Centre answer your tickets, they have no leeway to add anything to your account free of charge. If you're considering leaving, call up Customer Options who always have the power to work something out for you.
Edit:
Please don't think we haven't listened to customer's requests. We have, and these have been communicated back to the Propositions Team. However, Props need to ensure that any change is worth the loss of revenue by increasing customer satisfaction and if it is, it'll be done. However, changes like this are specced many months and possibly over a year before the change takes effect.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

it's the one thing that's stopped me seriously considering switching my phone.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Laroc
Grafter

The Support Centre answer your tickets, they have no leeway to add anything to your account free of charge. If you're considering leaving, call up Customer Options who always have the power to work something out for you.

I can see no number listed for Customer Options on the Contact Us page, thats why I raised a ticket
Can you supply a number ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's the number you call if you are thinking of leaving (https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22947&wizard_id=38)
0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Props need to ensure that any change is worth the loss of revenue by increasing customer satisfaction

It won't increase my customer satisfaction because I'm with BT for my phone line - entirely because they give me free caller display! 
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Good point RR, I wonder how many other customers they've 'lost' (or 'failed to gain') for this very reason?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Of a post some while back, calls diverted to a mobile appear on one's bill (at least when I had a phone fault) and are refunded afterwards.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.