Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display not working

picbits
Rising Star

Re: Caller Display not working

Are you on FTTC or ADSL2 ?
It seems the maiin cause of intermittend CLID equipment on the line interfering with the CLID signal (from what I've read).
Maybe try a new microfilter (if you're on ADSL) plugged directly into the master test socket with no other equipment on your line other than your modem and Gigaset phone.
If you're still within your 10 day line training period, maybe hold off until this has completed before testing.
If your phone network is reporting CLID enabled then it could well be something within your house that is causing the issues.
pennbank
Grafter

Quote from: picbits
Are you on FTTC or ADSL2 ?
It seems the maiin cause of intermittend CLID equipment on the line interfering with the CLID signal (from what I've read).
Maybe try a new microfilter (if you're on ADSL) plugged directly into the master test socket with no other equipment on your line other than your modem and Gigaset phone.
If you're still within your 10 day line training period, maybe hold off until this has completed before testing.
If your phone network is reporting CLID enabled then it could well be something within your house that is causing the issues.

Exchanged is ADSL Enabled
Not within any training Period.
Microfilter working
Thanks any way
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

pennbank
Grafter

No Mine is a BT FTTC (VDSL2) Faceplate  no need for those microfilters
Whatever BT have done at the exchange,  Caller display now appears to be working correctly
dick:quote
pennbank
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Do all your Microfilters look like this?

Nothing to do with microfilters, something there end at the exchange
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

The reason for the question was that if you had have been using cheap filters, some that look like solid block socket splitters, they can attenuate the CLI signal. Clearly your reply #18 made it obvious you weren't, so reply #19 is a bit redundant really.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

hi  i ordered  caller id  and checked my account and is now showing green  ( active )  but not working on my end  have tried the tips on previous post
If you dial *#001# it will tell you what services you have activated on your line. Mine said I had call divert (although the call divert wasn't actually active or ordered). This message appears to also be read out when you have the answer service active. I've been into my account and deactivated it and the message has now gone to "No services active on your account".
If you dial *#234# it will check to see if you have caller ID enabled. If it replies "Callers Identities will be displayed" and you're not getting the Caller ID on your phone then chances are it's a problem at your end so try different phones / master test socket etc etc.
If you dial *#234# and you get the message "Sorry the service requested is not available, thank you for calling, please hang up" then the chances are there is a gremlin in the BT / Plusnet ordering system and you'll need to have further words with Plusnet on the ticket system.

And the third one applies to me will i need to send a ticket in ????  ( If you dial *#234# and you get the message "Sorry the service requested is not available, thank you for calling, please hang up" )
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
I've taken a look on our suppliers back end systems and can see that Caller Display wasn't enabled. I've placed the order on their systems to have Caller Display sorted for you. This feature should become available to you as of tomorrow morning. I'll add an appropriate refund to your account for the period you're being charged for the service.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused here.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

hi ,
no problem at all and thank you for sorting it out  Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Caller Display should now all be sorted for you.
xxandy77xx
Grafter

Hi,
Just checked all is fine tyvm Smiley
sarahparr

How long does caller display usually take to activate after install. Had my phone switched over from sky to plusnet today but caller display hasnt activated with it. It is showing as a purchased call feature in the account settings though.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi sarahparr,
It looks as though the Caller Display feature hasn't activated on our suppliers systems. I have just placed an order for this to be activated, this should complete by around midday tomorrow for you - really sorry about that.
cbennyjones

Changed from sky 3 days ago now have no caller id , says active on my account. Worked fine with sky for 5 years,  wish I had stayed with them. Please can someone at plusnet sort it out.  Cry