cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking numbers

Frustrated55

Blocking numbers

Can anyone tell me how to block a number. The nuisance calls guide says to use 1572 and select option 4. However this option is about VIP numbers, not nuisance numbers.

Also,  how do we report scams? Surely there should be a list of scam numbers and how to report new ones on the home page? I cannot find this anywhere on the website.

5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Blocking numbers

@Frustrated55 

Scam numbers are forever changing, often spoofing legitimate numbers so it's impossible to block them all.

If you want to really stop all scam calls then forget Plusnet call protect and buy a new phone that incorporates a nuisance call blocker. I recommend BT phones with the built in TruCall blocker. I have an earlier version and have not been disturbed by one unwanted call for years.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@Frustrated55 

I think that the code you need to block a number is 4 then 2 then 2

See the attached

Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I use 1572 now, and I press 1 then 1 again.

All my scam & unwanted calls go that way, I had so many on Saturday from 08.15am until 7pm they rang or at least a computer did every 3 minutes. Plusnet could not help except told me to use 1572.

my answer phone is a Bt advanced so that was screening calls too.

it really is disgraceful all these scams, worst was a company telling me my internet would be disconnected, 

and amazon prime scams

As well as using unknown numbers, they used withheld, mobile numbers, & just a number ‘0’, international etc

Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Press 1; then 1 again to divert the scam numbers 

Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

@Frustrated55  I agree 100% with @Baldrick1 and the BT phones (with digital answerphone)  with the built-in TruCall blocker is the best investment in Telecoms I've ever made. 

When anyone (I've not added to my allow list) calls, they are automatically told, "This line is being monitored. Please say who is calling" If they are a scammer they probably won't bother, so the phone won't ring, but just record the number and time. If they do say who they are, then the phone rings and it tells you who is calling, then you can decide to take the call or block the number or send it to the answerphone or a message. 

It's great I just looked and the phone and I had four phone calls today, that didn't say who they were, so it never even rang 🙂 If you want to block the numbers, its just one press anytime 🙂 

This is my one 100% brilliant (read the reviews) 🙂 https://shop.bt.com/category/sound-and-vision,telephony,telephones/11206?q=bt4600