cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been ex directory for years, suddenly we're in the phone book

carrot63
Grafter

Re: Been ex directory for years, suddenly we're in the phone book

Attention span at Plus Net frequently seems to be a little short unless a regular poke if is given via the forums, and to be fair that works wonders for a while.
I'd urge you to insist on a written explanation for the inclusion of your details, and lodge that, along with a complaint, with the ICO. The way our so-called regulators work, nothing ever gets fixed unless there is a mountain of evidence provided by the public that it is broken. On the same basis, it might also be worth complaining to Ofcom; their website complaints section seems to offer a section on  privacy and landlines that might do, or you may get a better response by calling on  0300 123 3333. Again, it will be for the purposes of 'monitoring'.
The fact that BT may ultimately have got it wrong is of little concern to you. Your contract is with Plusnet - not their suppliers - so it's down to them to offer redress.
Mark
Grafter

HI Columbia
Apologies for the delay on this. I understand the renumber has completed but we still need to understand what caused the initial issue. I've raised this internally this morning for follow up.
Mark
Columbia
Dabbler

Thanks very much, Carrot63 - I am grateful for your understanding and the information including the number for Ofcom. I agree this does probably need taking a step up - but will give PN another chance to sort it out first, now Mark's responded.
Mark from Plusnet, again thanks - I will await further contact and perhaps we might get this resolved at some point!
I appreciate the apology, also.
Mand
Grafter

Hi Columbia,
I have passed a ticket to one of our support team managers to provide a written response. Your original ticket was closed in error, apologies for any confusion caused.
Columbia
Dabbler

Thanks very much Mand, I did wonder what had happened to it!!  Smiley