Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Premium phone call blocking help

FIXED
thepieman
Hooked

BT Premium phone call blocking help

Hi,

Hoping someone can help/advise on the call blocking feature of the BT Premium phone.

Is it possible for numbers I've stored on the phone (contacts) to bypass the recorded message?

By recorded message I mean the one that informs callers that they are being screened by BT blocking service.

I added mine and my partners mobile numbers into the phone, then proceeded to call the handset, each time we are presented with the pre-recorded message and prompts to say our name and press the hash/# key.

As I stated earlier is there any way of preventing it from doing this for know/trusted numbers?

Thanks for reading.

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: BT Premium phone call blocking help

Fix

That’s not how mine works. I assume that you have caller display activated on your phone account? It won’t work without that.

Also the stored number must match that shown on the phone when the remote party calls. The easiest way to do this is to either press option 2 when you receive a call or use the options feature after the call ends to transfer the number to the stored list

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

If it is similar to the BT4600, (as I understand it) "Call Blocking" set to "Announce" will bypass the message for numbers in the  "contacts, allow and speed dial" lists.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Assuming Caller ID is active Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

..... see page 23 of the guide.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Deleted.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

thepieman
Hooked

Thanks for replying.

I didn't have caller display activated at the time of starting this thread yesterday, but it then occurred to me about 30 mins later that perhaps I should do that. So I went to my Plusnet account and activated caller display.

Just before replying to you I've just checked and caller display is now active on my line.

I'll try tomorrow now and hopefully the issue I first mentioned is resolved.

Thanks for the info regarding option 2 on the phone I wasn't aware of that, thing is at time of writing i've only had the hand set since Wednesday and only manged to get around to connecting yesterday so I'm a total noob with this handset.

thepieman
Hooked

Hi,

This is the handset I've purchased https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-premium-phone---one-handset-090630-D93R.html but I would say it more or less the same as the one you mentioned in your earlier post.

I've replied to Baldrick1 regarding the called display, fingers crossed I'm able to accomplish what I'd initially posted about.

Thanks.

thepieman
Hooked

Thread update

Just to report that the phone is now filtering my calls directly and is by passing the 'calls being monitored' message.

Thanks for the information and help.