cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime UK and Mobile call package - how much does it cost?

FIXED
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Anytime UK and Mobile call package - how much does it cost?

I've been on the Anytime phone package for over 7 years, currently at £6.50 a month with the only call charges being for mobile and other non-inclusive calls and a discount for calls to certain countries.

I see there is now an Anytime UK and Mobile call package and wondered what that costs per month. I've found all details apart from the price and I think we can dispense with the discount on international calls as we only make a few each year, whereas we are making an increasing number of calls to mobile numbers. (We do have mobiles but on PAYG only.)

I tried the Product Change wizard but that didn't give me the option to change to Anytime UK and Mobile, so I couldn't find the cost there either.

Can anyone enlighten me on the price of this package please?

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Anytime UK and Mobile call package - how much does it cost?

Fix

this is the only place I could find it https://www.plus.net/help/2016-pricing-changes-new/

Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls - £8.00 per month

Includes:

Anytime: Calls of up to an hour to UK landlines beginning with 01, 02, 03, 0845 and 0870 at any time (except calls to indirect access numbers (which include calling cards) and dial-up Internet access.

Mobile: Calls to UK mobile numbers at any time. Fair usage limit of 2,000 minutes applies. Hang up and re-dial before 60 minutes and you won't be charged.

If you’re an existing Plusnet customer and would like to update your call plan to one of the new products, you can do so from 1st September.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks so much.

That looks good and we'd never use up 2000 minutes on mobile calls in a month. It used to be a £3.00 add on for mobile calls on Anytime at one time which was more than we would use back then. How things change!

I'll give Customer Services a call sometime and see about upgrading as the Product Change wizard won't let me. No hurry as I've only just got my latest invoice.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I don't get that on my Product Change wizard, presumably because I'm already on Anytime with included minutes. It just gives me the option to upgrade to Anytime 300 International or downgrade to Weekends and Evenings.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Yes, I'm on Anytime too with incl. minutes; odd you don't see. I assume you're on PN BB too like me.

Attach bottom half on my upgrade web page.options.PNG

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Plusnet have issues with the new £8 tariff for subscribers on some legacy phone deals and LRS too. The infamous Plusnet back office system has lots of issue and gotchas.

OP really needs to talk to staff who understand their account details as to why they cannot see the offer.

All I can advise is that we should be able to add the call plan for you once your LRS has expired.

from https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/An-Anomoly-Regarding-New-Phone-Package-Statement/m-p/1365856#M21...

And

Unfortunately the phone component can't be changed whilst Line Rental Saver is active

from https://community.plus.net/t5/Phone/Changing-to-Unlimited-UK-amp-Mobile-Calls-for-existing-customers...

Edit: to add links and quotes

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Yes, I've been with PN for broadband since 2003 and went onto Fibre a couple of years ago. I wonder if it's because I've had the phone product for so long and it still includes the 25% discount for 'top' international calls that I can't change it via the Product Change wizard.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Oh, that's a shame. I assumed it might be because I'd been on Anytime since late 2009 but I renewed my Line Rental Saver at the end of last year and I didn't see anything to say that people with LRS can't change their phone product.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll be giving Customer Services a call in the next few days to see if they can sort something out. Those links are to discussion at the end of last year, so perhaps they've got it sorted out properly now? Ihope so anyway!

Oldjim
Resting Legend

one possibility is that your LRS includes evening and weekend calls and the only way to sort that is, I believe, let it expire and start a new one

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Looking at my invoices, I took LRS out for the first time at the end of 2011 and had been on Talk Anytime for a couple of years by then. On invoices before I took out LRS, the line rental was described as 'Talk Anytime charge', as it still is but now shows a £0.00 charge.

I'll contact Customer Services during the week and see if anything can be sorted out.

EDIT:

Oh, I just found this

"9. Line Rental Saver

9.1. If you paid in advance for line rental (what we call Line Rental Saver) this is non-refundable unless you cancel under paragraph 9 of the Standard Terms (in which case you'll get a full refund of your advance payment).

9.2. Line Rental Saver includes no calls as standard for customers who took a phone package on or after 8th May 2013 but for customers who took a phone package before 8th May 2013 and have not changed package, the Evenings and Weekends call plan is included as standard.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I rang Customer Services and they put me through to someone in the Options team who was able to change me onto the Unlimited UK and Mobile package. I mentioned I was on the original LRS and he said they now have a workaround for that, so fingers crossed it all goes through OK and starts after my next billing date on 25th March.

I wish I'd known about it sooner though. I haven't had a Plusnet Newsletter email for ages and there was nothing about it in the email I had last year to say Anytime was increasing to £6.50 a month from September, which it turns out was when the new phone packages started. Though there was a link given for changes, it didn't say it included new products so I didn't look till just now and saw they are there. (I will follow all links given in future!)

Oldjim
Resting Legend

I received an email "Important information about your Plusnet service" on 31st Aug 2016 which included this

We’re also making some changes to our call rates, early termination charges and some other fees. Find out more here.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

The email I had was 30th June about changes over the next 2 months, and besides the 50p increase to Talk Anytime it also notified me that the Fibre product I was on then was increasing download speed from 38Mb to 52Mb and 'increasing' the upload speed from 19Mb to 9.4Mbp from 1st August and that LRS was staying at the same price. There wasn't another email before September apart from one telling me they'd given me the wrong date for my LRS renewal in the previous email.

As I mentioned, I saw the link for further details which goes to the same page as the link in yours, but as I said, I didn't follow it but will follow all links in future.

Since then, I've only had a couple of emails about the BT Sport package and a couple about Plusnet Mobile.

Richchad
Rising Star

@Mad_Moggies did your switch to Unlimited UK and Mobile package go okay?

I am thinking of switching to it but I am on LRS until September, I thought about waiting until it expires but I want to renew the LRS before term end as you can up to 3 months early to avoid higher June line charges.

So my new LRS will start immediately when old one ends with no time in between to change phone package. 

If PN have sorted the change of phone package while LRS is operational they I could wait until I decide when to switch.

Thanks in advance from anyone who can clarify this.