cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strict nat type xbox live

jamiekerk

strict nat type xbox live

hi first time posting
nat type suddenly changed to strict so cant chat or play on xbox live setting havnt changed or anything but here is what i have done to try resolve issue
1)as suddenly happend reset router to defaults
2)enabled universal plug and play
3)open all correct ports
4)tested on a neighbours internet who is with plusnet and has same router set the same settings works fine on his
5) rang plusnet as soon as i said what the problem was they told me couldnt help as not supported as problem with xbox
but what i can see is its more a problem with the router
can anyone shed any light on this at all would be nice the technical support guys on the phone dont want to help at all.
2 REPLIES 2
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: strict nat type xbox live

What type of router is it? Have you changed any of the xbox settings? Just trying to get to the bottom of "suddenly" is there anything you can tie in to this happening at all or did you just switch it on and it went wrong?
jamiekerk

Re: strict nat type xbox live

just one of the thompsom ones now but i figured out what the problem was the router kept reverting its self back to default setting so for some reason wasnt saving the settings rang plusnet support again and they were unwilling to help so i purchased a new router and problem solved.