cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advanced warfare lag issues

ghos7em1
Grafter

Re: advanced warfare lag issues

could be your spi firewall is causing problems?some firmwares you will have option to disable it.i think your best bet is to setup dmz then you can rule out firewall as being the problem
speedy001
Dabbler

if that involves setting up a static ip no then theres no setting to let me do that in the router
ghos7em1
Grafter

try 1 thing ist go to wan setup and disable port scan and dos protection  then restart router and test
speedy001
Dabbler

not had chance to look at it today atm it looks like im getting 0.5 secs of lag which is a lot
ghos7em1
Grafter

if no other game is lagging then could be traffic management,or your firewall is blocking packets,if you want your firewall on then put your console in dmz.if you still lag after that then can only be traffic management because other games are good
speedy001
Dabbler

think iv now put it in dmz and its only advanced warfare where im getting major problems destiny/warframe play fine yes i know its early days for the game but everyone else has no problems do i need to turn unpnp off if its in a dmz ?
ghos7em1
Grafter

turn upnp off m8 use just dmz. Smiley
speedy001
Dabbler

unpnp is off so is qos and spi and set to respond to ping its made no difference at all
just out of interest i port forwarded the correct ports following intrsuctions on port forward . com then used there tool to ping the ports and the results said there closed and un reachable
Mathias
Grafter

The tool on portforward to test if the ports are opened cannot be used to test the ports of a console! (if its tool where you download a program onto your pc). This is because it tests the ports of the pc and does not let you specify which IP address to test.
When you opened the ports you should have assigned it to the IP address of the console. Ensure your router assigns a fixed IP to the console else it may assign it a new IP address each time you turn it off and so the portforward rules will  not longer to be the correct device.
Maybe try setting up a ping graph like mine at thinkbroadband and see what that shows. Note you can setup a graph with a dynamic ping, it will however need setting up each time you reboot your router though.
Finally if you want to double check good practice see the post here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134182.0.html
Hope that helps.
speedy001
Dabbler

the ps4 is now in dmz with static ip the console uses the same ip number everytime it starts (i have been checking this everytime i start it up) iv just done a speed test through the consol as i use homeplug so i thought that maybe an issue but i got a ping of 9ms so no problems there (i was expecting 150+ tbh) and 20mb down and 10 up so theres no issue with the set up im using.
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you are using dmz make sure upnp and port forward are off.been checking around and that game as serious latency problems.ask one of the +net staff to run some tests on your connection.under wan setup is your nat filter on secured? that will block certain inbound traffic.
speedy001
Dabbler

think its still secured an yes everyone is moaaning about the lag compensation (theres no xuch thing as host  privalages anymore not for about 4/5 years) but atm activision are just telling ppl to port forward and refering you to the standard set up / connection pages