cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX live connection problems

scootie
Grafter

Re: XBOX live connection problems

which one of you posted on this forum as from reading it i see you upgraded to bbyw option 3 and still had problems conneting to xbl?
Bazdunk
http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/News/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25628&sid=04b64df2b62859e6dc9e3cf21b11...
JEB
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
which one of you posted on this forum as from reading it i see you upgraded to bbyw option 3 and still had problems conneting to xbl?
Bazdunk
http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/News/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=25628&sid=04b64df2b62859e6dc9e3cf21b11...

It wasn't me!
It will be interesting to see if it connects when I get home tonight.

James
JEB
Grafter

What do you know, I have just turned on the 360 and it won't connect.
I'm not a betting man (£1 a week on the lottery is my limit!), but I bet if I try again gone 10:30 it will connect.
I have just resynced my router and now http downloads are only going 3kB/s, things are getting worse.

James
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Can I get a definite list of effected users so we can look into this to be sure we can rule the Plusnet network out, thanks.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

Same issue . Can't connect until about 10.30 . I thought it might be something to do with the rollout of nxe but looking at the posts this seems to me to be a plusnet issue. Are they aware/looking at the problem ? I am a reasonable guy so they have 7 days to sort it out otherwise they are in breach, and then I walk
I pay a premium of 20 quid so that I can enjoy a decent online gaming experiance !
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

Oops posted at the same time ! Glad to see they are looking at it .
JEB
Grafter

I have also posted more details on:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,70503.112.html
With what may be a related problem in that I am seeing very slow http downloads, unlike usenet downloads which are nice and quick.  This seems rather strange and is not what I would expect.

James
whittall1

I've managed to get on tonight but 70% of the online games I played on Cod5 finished early because of lost connection. it connected back straight away though.
I've also scoured the xbox live forums and there seems to be alot of pNet/Force9 users looking for help
whittall1

Oh yeah,  Forgot to say.  I logged a query through xbox live support yesterday, here's what they replied :-
"Thank you for contacting XBOX Support Team. 
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your console. Having reviewed your email, the fastest and most effective way to resolve this type of issue is to go online at:
Ask XBOX Interactive Agent.
MS XBOX Online Support Knowledge Base.
If you have tried these and you are still having the same issue, you may find that your console is in need of repair or a service."

About as much use as roll-on hairspray !!
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Is anyone able to set up a packet capture of the Xbox traffic while having issues?  If they are please capture while powering on then signing into live, thanks.
FYI I use a 10M Netgear hub at my wireless AP to capture any traffic I need off internal devices on my home network.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

Are there some XBOX LIVE users at Plusnet that can be asked. ?
I haven't got the kit to capture a packet log, I'm afraid.
I'm sure Plusnet will commit a big resource to investigating this issue as the last thing they would want is to be known as the ISP that doesn't support xbox live for some users until after 10:30pm ! Wink
scootie
Grafter

I could of done a wireshark capture for you as i have all my pc's network cards bridged so i can connet my xbox up to them.
but i am not one of those that is effected badly just the odd glitch now and then. none of this peak time loggin issues.
If there is no other way for them to capture packet inforamtion i will be happy to talk 1 or 2 of them though how to setup there pc so they connect there xbox to it and run wireshark.
theres the simple way of internet connection sharing(ics) but find port fowarding is impossable using this method. so i use the bridged method.
but maybe ics would be o.k for the capture you need PN?
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: nextgenconsoles
Are there some XBOX LIVE users at Plusnet that can be asked. ?
I haven't got the kit to capture a packet log, I'm afraid.
I'm sure Plusnet will commit a big resource to investigating this issue as the last thing they would want is to be known as the ISP that doesn't support xbox live for some users until after 10:30pm ! Wink

Hi, the problem being we seem to have no one effected (not that I know of anyway),  I also have an Xbox 360 at home and testing over the last week or so has shown no issues on my connection.  FYI all staff have a Premier Option 1 product if they opted for the staff product.
If someone who is experiencing these issues is able to be available for some testing over the next few nights I can run some debug on our equipment to take a look at the traffic flows on their connection to try to understand if the problem is within our network.
scootie
Grafter

nice one _CN_. you wouldnt get an offer like that from any other isp for  third party equipment.
i am sure richabrahams or jeb will be happy for you to take this step for them when they see you have offered the help.
JEB
Grafter

I expect I could link the 360 to my eee pc (running ubuntu) and then bridge the connection via wireless to my router.
I've never done this before so any pointers / links would be greatly appreciated.

James