James
Grafter

Re: XBOX live connection problems

I think Carl loves a mystery Smiley
scootie
Grafter

glad some one does.
you run some sort of points system for CS teams based on how they perform dont you?
If so i think  _CN_ deserves some brownie points for solving this one Grin
James
Grafter

Do you mean the Reindeer Dust?
scootie
Grafter

yes that. but all so thought PN ran an all year round scheme for the CS teams.
_CN_
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: JEB
Don't you have a home to go back to or something!!

lol  yes a home, wife and 2 kids,  I can do plenty from home so I'm not always in the office Cheesy
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

no problems connecting again last night, but as others have said, downloading from xblm is very slow. I started downloading the RedAlert 3 demo (1.3gb) at 7pm. At 10pm (nobody else was using the bandwidth), it had only completed 30%. Might be a problem with XBLM as I don't really download from any other source.
JEB
Grafter

Quote from: nextgenconsoles
no problems connecting again last night, but as others have said, downloading from xblm is very slow. I started downloading the RedAlert 3 demo (1.3gb) at 7pm. At 10pm (nobody else was using the bandwidth), it had only completed 30%. Might be a problem with XBLM as I don't really download from any other source.

Slow for me too.
As a matter of interest what speed are you getting on http downloads on your PC in the same timeframe?  Mine have been rather strange recently in that the speed is v. slow the transfer speed yoyos and usenet speeds tend to be faster.  Suppose this could just be due to the network load.  As soon as it gets past 11:00 everything is always nice and quick.

James

nextgenconsoles
Grafter

I'll give it a go  tonight or over the weekend and report back.
cheers
Mat
trickyD
Dabbler

My switch does do port mirroring - so assuming xbox live is still broke, I'll do some packet capture with wireshark this weekend and report back  Grin
--
tD
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: _CN_
Quote from: ASBO
_CN_ did you get to the bottom of this with the help of some ones packet capture or did you solve it another way?
i am intested in how you solved this as i have googled the error codes the guys was geting for a while and found no one else with the exact same codes.
mostly the last two numbers of the z part of the code was what was diffrent to every one elses z codes

Hi,  Sorry, think it was JEB, I looked at the traffic while they tried to connect to XBL, we used MSN to communicate.  FYI it was an issue with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerberos_(protocol) being misconfigured.  Can;t understand why this issue only just occurred because AFAIK that configuration has not changed since we put the traffic control in place.

the login problems have bein solved trickyD
trickyD
Dabbler

Quote from: ASBO
the login problems have bein solved trickyD

I noticed when I powered on the xbox to do some capture yesterday - it downloaded the new dashboard and all was good.
No real harm done, it only took five minutes to configure the switch to mirror traffic to my laptop. Glad everything's working again.
--
tD