cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii Fit Plus with balance board does this need a console

tgr
Grafter

Wii Fit Plus with balance board does this need a console

I have had a look at these on amazon and you can get one for £72.99 but they go on about console deals which then pushes it up a further £150 pounds or more.  Do they really need a console or can you just plug them into your TV. My wife and I are both 71 and are reasonably fit for our age and both of us would like that to continue.  From reviews I have seen they appear to be just the ticket but they start to get expensive if you add in a console.  Any other advice would be appreciated as we are completely new to this.  I can remember my grandson having one of the original wii machines a few years ago and when we visited London to see  him we did have a go at that.  It was just plugged into the TV and you used a remote to play simple games etc.  It would appear that the latest Wii Fit Plus with balance board is the latest improvement.
6 REPLIES 6
wacky17
Grafter

Re: Wii Fit Plus with balance board does this need a console

yes you will need a console sorry. My sister has one of these wii's and when i have a go i get tired so quick because it really works you out  ha ha. im only 29
tgr
Grafter

Thank you Wacky,
That was very helpful.  I had a feeling it was needed but I am thankful you confirmed it.  I shall just have to save a few more bob and have another look in January when like every thing else probably the price will have dropped.  Although you say you were tired when performing on it I believe there are various levels and there was a review by a married couple of 70 who say they enjoyed it.
Best Wishes
Gordon
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

If it helps , Sainsbury's have the Wii Consoles on offer at £119.99. Just seen them in our local store.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: tgr
 I had a feeling it was needed but I am thankful you confirmed it.  I shall just have to save a few more bob and have another look in January
Why wait till then? Read this and GOODLUCK!!
What Is Black Friday?
Black Friday is the day that follows Thanksgiving in the USA; with Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday of November, this year Black Friday will be November 26. It traditionally marks the beginning of Christmas shopping, with shoppers grabbing some great prices on a huge range of products. Amazon.com offers some unbelievable deals throughout Thanksgiving week and on Black Friday, and this year, we wanted to do the same. We're bringing Black Friday Deals Week to the Amazon.co.uk website, so our customers will be able to take advantage of some unbelievable deals throughout the week.

We'll have over 300 deals, including:
   * The Take That ‘Progress' CD for £1 will be released at 9am on Monday
   * 50% off Sony TVs
   * 50% off RRP Raleigh bicycles
   * Over 60% off Microsoft Xbox consoles
   * Over 70% off Orchira pearl jewellery
   * Over 50% off Sony Blu-ray players
   * Over 60% off RRP Eternity Moment Eau de Parfum
   * Over 60% off Flip Mino High Def Camcorders
   * Over 60% off Nintendo Wii consoles
Source   http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_79141_22583921_pe_01/?node=161428031
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
tgr
Grafter

To MR W a Sainsbury's  has just opened not far from the village where I live.  It is a smaller one and may not have the same stock as the larger ones but I shall ring them and find out thank you.
Steve info much appreciated I shall virtually camp outside Amazon Wink  This is  really a brilliant idea hopefully I will be lucky and get exactly the item I want.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

There isn't really any exercises on the Wii fit that can't be done without the console, it is fun though having goals it keeps track of to make it interesting and the fun of having family playing it together especially this weather when it's a bit iffy just going for a walk.
Definitely works though, I haven't played on mine for a while. The last time I we had a few friends round and copious amounts of drink, not recommended I could hardly walk for days afterwards  Grin