cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

Paul_T
Hooked

Re: Plusnet Routers and Port Forwarding

Thanks Bob. It's a co-op mod for GTAV for PC -https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/multiplayer-co-op-mod#description_tab -  apparantly it uses UDP 4499 (as mentioned in my post 'Under 'Manage games and applications' I've tried port 4499 as 'Any' as well as individual TCP and UDP entries'). Would you reckon that the next step is simply to try getting a distant PC to access?

sharpener
Hooked

It's all a balance. In my case there were three people at once trying to access the router wirelessly and in addition 4 fixed items of equipment in the house that need reliable remote access, the plusnet router simply can't hack it.

As noted upthread it is a mystery why Plusnet claim the router has the capability if it is not really there, and equally why they can't get Sagem who are the actual manufacturer to sort it out given that they put so much business their way.

Droid_Decon

i did this (allready before reading this how-to) but the router does not open the port
anyone have an idea what is wrong?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Droid_Decon what port are you trying to open, and to what device/application? There are no known issues affecting port forwarding with the Hub One.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

fredmoss44

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right thread but couldnt find one for port forwarding and the bt smart hub. i am trying to set up port forwarding so i can multiplayer on shoppe keeper 2 on the bt smarthub 6 i use for my plus net broadband.  i seem to be able to set the port forwarding Ok,  in the firewall part of advanced settings, but my friend times out when he tries to connect. what ip address should he be using to try to connect to my router./port or pc. and how to i find that? i dont have static ip, so realise it may change every week when the smarthub resets.

thanks

Fred