Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Not to my knowledge @Killkenny and I’m keeper (Yay?) of the spreadsheet but I’ll check tomorrow for you.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
carljones
Dabbler

I had a few issues with the game freezing, but think it was an addon. Currently in a raid and no issues so far, wont know till I try and leave though.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted!
If things get too unbearable and you want to finish the raid tonight feel free to add a static IP online and we’ll refund you.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
shmacks

hi,

I'm not sure what is going on but i am still getting instance not found issues. I've had 2 in the last 20mins.

Is there a fix in sight as the static ip doesnt seem to have resolved it for me?

Thanks

Tairbh
Dabbler

Ok, I'm back on the dynamic IP now, my gaming time is really limited right now but I just had half an hour on WoW with no issues. Which isn't so conclusive in itself, as it was so intermittent to begin with, but it's a promising start, will report back if I do hit any problems (when I get a chance to play, this silly hot weather is playing havoc with my gaming!).

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

There's a small problem in really making sure that this is resolved, and that's the issue that Blizzard are having this error anyway and working on a fix. 

We know our customers were having it more and we believe we've isolated and fixed the problem but we know there's a chance that you'll encounter the problem again for reasons outside of our control.

If you're still seeing the issue we'd love to see a Wireshark capture. The Wireshark data will allow us to see where he problem is and make sure that we're providing you the most reliable, stable, responsive network to game on that we're able.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Mackem1973
Grafter

HI can you  tell me if ive been put back on to normal ip ? has it seems the problems i had before i was changed to static are back as i keep getting world server is down  thanks

Mackem1973
Grafter

ok i jumped the gun my bad it seems to be a wow server problem i do apologise

nexaa

@Gandalf the issues came back for me aswell today, it was fine untill now Sad can u check my IP or ur end please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Killkenny@Mackem1973@nexaa you're all still on a static IP routing.

As @JonoH said it looks like Blizzard are having their own issue with this, though I appreciate that the problem we have is essentially magnifying that. 

I'm not confident we've fixed our issue entirely yet, so we're still investigating and we'll update again next week, as there have been a couple reports of people experiencing packet loss on a dynamic IP and changing to a static one fixes it.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
entropy456
Hooked

The issue has come back for me today too. On static IP

mov
Grafter

@Gandalf @Kelly

Still some weird stuff goung on for me since move to new fix or whatever it is. Not getting world server down anymore and stuff like that. But I am getting a lotnof random connection drops and router resets. One last night and one just now at about 2005 or so.

This never happened before. Thoughts?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hey @mov.

THe changes we've done won't affect your connection in anyway.  They are much further up the network.

The drops you've had don't appear to be that unusual based on your line history.  Could you just be noticing them a bit more because we've been talking about the performance of your connection a lot recently?

image15330262948784

How has it been since you last posted?

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@entropy456 wrote:

The issue has come back for me today too. On static IP

DId it settle down?  Or are you still seeing it?   You're still on the static and we're not seeing anything that might indicate problems on this part of the network

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey all.

We think we've fixed the problem, and our internal graphing looks to confirm this.

With that in mind and considering that time is fast running out before the launch of the new expansion, we've taken the decision to remove all static IPs today that we applied free of charge because of this. 

We expect the issues described to persist in a small way as Blizzard have confirmed this is an issue they're having.

If you continue to have the problem, so we're able to identify the cause, please run a full Wireshark posting the results here (Or via PM to @JonoH or me, if you prefer) and we'll investigate further.

Cheers. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet