cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

Mackem1973
Grafter

Re: Ongoing World of Warcraft issues

i cant even get on the game at the moment i just keep getting world server down any chance of being put back on static also ?? Thanks

Reaver

also getting stuck on loading screens instancing etc, any ideas? BFA next week!

James1o1o
Grafter

I can't get on the game either, also stuck on loading screen. After a few minutes "World server is down" message.

Nothing on the WoW forums about it, so likely to be a Plusnet issue rather than Blizzards end.

EDIT: Eventually got on after a dozen tries, getting long loading screens and instance not found errors again.

Why has this just manifested so suddenly again today?

atr_
Hooked

Hello again.

The errors have returned, and it seems that other people are having the same issue again too. Would it be possible to have a static IP applied to my plus.net account again? It worked flawlessly last time. Smiley

I had a few errors while playing today. Pretty annoying to have a dungeon queue pop and not being able to join first few attempts, and then get kicked from the group.

What is the actual issue? Why do we need static IPs to play WoW as intended?
rincewind81
Hooked

Hi,

Any update on this please PlusNet ? @Gandalf @Kelly 

Thanks.

entropy456
Hooked

Hi,

Could I also be put back on static IP. Account name [Removed] 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m very late to comment here, and I have not read the thread in its entirety but for what it is worth both of my sons play this game online on the PC and both of them can play simultaneously without any issue and have done since the day I joined Plusnet. I know they have no issues playing as trust me I’d soon hear about it (and possibly the neighbours too) if the expletives are anything to go by when things don't work out for them.

In one post from Gandalf he says that a static IP can fix this for some users but not for all so could the other factors be related to the router? I have fixed IP addresses and use a Draytek Router and Draytek Modems for my connections so is it worth seeing if one brand of router is more affected than another as it may be useful to those trying to diagnose the issue. And if the information collected shows this then it can only be good. Just a though.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Can a couple of you please get Wireshark captures so we can try to find the problem.

@Anonymous last time we saw this issue we were able to use the supplied Wireshark captures to find an issue on our network. At this point it doesn't appear to be router specific. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK @JonoH maybe if I’d read the entire thread this would have been clear to me, it was just a thought after all.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

@samwalton @rincewind81 @entropy456 @atr_ @Reaver @Mackem1973 @Killkenny

Are any of you available during the day today for some debug?   

Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
rincewind81
Hooked

I will be attempting to play from around 7pm this evening if that is any use? Thanks,

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Perfect, thank you @rincewind81 we appreciate it

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Kelly
Hero

Anyone available during the day?

Kelly Dorset
atr_
Hooked

@Kelly I've captured some wireshark data for you but I'm not sure how to trim down the size? it's only 6 mb but the size limit on this forum is 5 mb, and I can't .zip it up either. what should I do? I captured three errors in a span of about 5 minutes.

Kelly
Hero

@atr_ Are you seeing the issue right now?

Again we're struggling to replicate it at the minute.

Kelly Dorset