Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MW2 ps3 hosting problems

wolfhowl
Grafter

MW2 ps3 hosting problems

Hey everyone,
Its been a while since i have posted here but honestly, i havent suffered any problems.  Aside from a loss of connection, but turned out that was down to bt's wiring to the house.
Anywho i just wanted to raise an issue with you guys, its not a problem necessarily...for me anyway.  It seems i can connect fine to other people, i hardly have any lag issues, and when i do usually the host ends up migrting.  But recently i have noticed when i host, people arent happy.
For some reason i can host perfectly well, and often it seems.  my lag is non existant and i find myself getting 40 kills to 1 death easily, however everyone else has 1 red bar/2 yellow, and lag enormously..yet it never migrates away from me.  This problem was brought up by my friend who i had invited to my game, he then complained to me about my connection.
Now, whilst i probably shouldnt complain, and keep this to myself so my k/d ratio goes through the roof, i cant help but feel guilty for winning so cheaply, any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3
scootie
Grafter

Re: MW2 ps3 hosting problems

whats ur pings like from ur pc. low. low but unstable. or jus high. try sum to bbc.co.uk
HaydnExport
Grafter

I get the opposite , i play with a group (clan) and they have lag free games when i host, but lately i lag if i host or not.  Is ps3 gaming traffic prioritized ?  I ask this because the first 2 or 3 games i play (mw2 ps3) are usually great (subject to 10 - 20 mins Gateway hopping before hand to get a decent ping).  So after the first couple of games is my traffic being prioritized differently?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

I don't have any issues playing MW2, can play for a couple of hours at a time lag free.
Don't think it's a case of traffic prioritisation. Did have issues if I was hosting before I got a new router.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'