cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn - Lag/Packet loss?

davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn - Lag/Packet loss?

have you tryed asking a GM on the game xand49 to run tests with the server you on
xand49
Dabbler

if my problem wasn't with my ISP I wouldn't be on these boards.
thanks anyway David
davidwalker900
Grafter

nomaly it is the servers now there are alot of people on them and it can make it lag that i noticed myself i do not think it is the isp to say the true way of putting it sometimes it can be the pc it runs on can be more busy have you tryed lowering your grapic settings xand49
xand49
Dabbler

please see above comment by myself
shaone
Dabbler

It's not graphics for me, there's definitely a network issue somewhere, as my PC benchmarks over 11k on the official FFXIV benchmark (7k+ being "easily runs the game on maximum settings"), and the problem is most noticeable in instances where there are only 8 character models and a boss or two. 
Regarding tracerts through the VPN... Battleping also hooks the game directly so you can't make general use of the proxy (to prevent abuse I'm guessing).  It does have a browser hook too, but I don't think it's possible to use that to do a tracert, unless anyone knows any plugins that could.
enekomh
Dabbler

I have no lag when I play from my parents' house in Spain. It's not a server issue. It's Plusnet's issue. If it was server's issue, I would have lag also using WTFast and I don't so obviously, the issue is not with Square-Enix.
davidwalker900
Grafter

i notice lately if you check your use in brack down it gone under other it should be under gaming thats why it is lag/packet loss
davidwalker900
Grafter

routing of this game is lag now i notice it now how come my use in brake down has 0% of gaming i do play on this sort it out sorry but if this does not get sorted i move back to bt
xand49
Dabbler

David, maybe you should try speaking to a GM or turning your graphic settings down Smiley
davidwalker900
Grafter

it is on low settings and still lags it is plusnet side i do not think it is the final fantasy xiv servers
enekomh
Dabbler

So, is there any news regarding this? I am currently in Spain and I am not having any lag but I will be going back to London in about one week and I would like to have it fixed. I still have contract with Plusnet until April but if this doesn't get sorted out before the end of January I will switch to some other company that provides proper service as soon as my contract expires.
Blim
Grafter

We shouldn't have to wait for our contract to expire. I'm having problems too that seem to go away at 4am or better still when I use a 3g connection it also seems to be fine but my 250 meter FTTC connection can't handle it but can pull off a good score at speedtest.net. In the same way thinkbroadband doesn't see the latency spikes, mainly because PN and Thinkbroadband have a direct link so those ping graphs mean jack as do the speed tests.
shaone
Dabbler

Just to say, it's generally much better for me on the few times I've forgotten to load Battleping.  But it still has freezes and jitters.  Not something you want on Twintania or Titan Extreme, where a half second spike at the wrong time can easily cause the whole group to wipe.  So I'm still completely dependent on the proxy for now.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Anyone else still seeing the poor performance?  (Just so we can eliminate it being a specific  connection issue)
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
enekomh
Dabbler

I tried the game today again but this time through PS3 instead of PC and spikes keep happening. I was on Crystal Tower at the time and it didn't really matter because we were running from one boss to another but had it been anything like Titan Extreme or above and  it would've meant party wipe.