cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

CptBernie

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

remember its not normal lag with frameskipping it's just slow moving players and input lag
lowlatency
Grafter

This
adie:quote
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

slow moving players and input lag

And this only happens in player v player matches? Not in offline play or anywhere else?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
CptBernie

Chris it is only online. It is mainly noticeable in ultimate team where the pace is higher. The other online modes are slower paced.

You hold sprint to break away and the opponent catches up immediately or you try and sprint with a fast defender against a slow attacking player and you just can't catch up despite a head start.
This is probably all due to input lag, you think you're sprinting but in reality you're not since the input has not yet been registerred.
The vast majority of times you can see frame skipping in the replays (goal replays) but it is nothing you see in-game.
Passing is off as well, it seems like you're always hitting them too soft or misdirecting them (despite using assisted passing). Your striker will get the thru-ball on his heel rather than receiving the pass as normal so the ball just bounces away.
Is usually almost impossible to get a good first touch on the ball as well, as the player will struggle to control the ball (you're playing in the blind so you're not directing the player as you normally would).
Basically it is just slow and awkward gameplay with no fluidity, responsiveness or pace.
Chris
Legend

We've just set up the Ulimtate Team and tried a game in the online tournament. We were wiresharking to capture the traffic at the same time and it's all working exactly as it should.
The game is in Titanium (the highest priority queue) and the game played smoothly. Yes it's slower than the other modes, but as you say that's the way it designed. We didn't experience any input lag and I actually managed to score within 6 minutes (which is an achievement for me!).
It is just specifically in the evenings that this issue occurs as obviously it's the daytime now.
I'll take the game home with me tonight and test over the weekend in the evenings if so.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Quote from: CptBernie
Chris it is only online. It is mainly noticeable in ultimate team where the pace is higher. The other online modes are slower paced.

CptBernie:  Is it always bad?  Or just sometimes?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
flaminmoses
Grafter

dont get the input lag in relation to this.
ive got a 2ms telly so wont get any input lag to that.
changed controller recently so no problem there.
yet games still are too varied
played one yesterday where passing was fine but shooting and crossing was awful.
ive noticed this before
then i get other games where its a bit harder to pass because the players cant turn back as quick but then shooting (when you get the chance lol) is a lot easier.
i reckon ea have a lag compensation system in place.
lowlatency
Grafter

I found this to be helpful and maybe you guys might be able to.
https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-uo-trace
Its telling you how to trace route fifa 13 server (159.153.234.54)
here is my trace route done 100 times

and 30 pings
I take it this looks normal as it does say green is good but is there any way in reducing this?
flaminmoses
Grafter

been really good today
apart from a problem with the ps3 where it kept crashing ( i put a cleaning disc in and it hasnt crashed since) i have had very good gameplay.
passing crossing and shooting has been really good.....so good that i lifted the premier cup  Grin
Chris
Legend

OK I got the game home and tried it tonight, and yes, I'm terrible at this game. But it was smooth, no lag and the players reacted as I'd expect them to for the skill level of the team I had.
How's everyone else tonight?
CptBernie

Hi again, the game has been pretty good recently. It only lags later on in the evenings. I suspect its just poor telemetry and matchmaking cause they all seem to be spanish and german opponents.
JIO22
Grafter

FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

Hello all,

I have been having lots of problems with lag, I don't play a huge amount of gaming online and only play on one game really which is FIFA 13 on the PS3.  I have had the lag in the past which led to me changing ISP's, the lag was gone once I had changed ISP's..
I really need some help or any advice if anyone can help me out.  I have been with plusnet for a number of years now, and currently I have lag all the time when I play online with FIFA 13.  I have been in contact with the a couple of guys here at plusnet (James B and Luke S) for the last few months on trying to get this rectified, but so far no joy.
I have also been in touch with EA and followed lots of their trouble shooting steps i.e try another PS3, different PSN ID etc and all of the port forwarding.  I have correctly done the port forwarding for this game, tried DMZ, tried different routers.  And the lag is still here.

Any help or advice to get to the bottom of this will be much appreciated by me.

Thanks,
Ben.
jim:red All caps in title changed as per Forum Rules mod:end
Chris
Legend

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 ONLINE LAG PLEASE HELP!

Hi Ben,
We've been looking at lag issues on FIFA 13 here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108016.0.html
In summary, we've tested from here including checking the traffic management is correct and see no issues. We've also taken this to a home Plusnet connection (mine) and played online games from there with no lag again.
In conclusion:
- We can find no reason on our network for any lag
- We're struggling to replicate the lag
- I'm absolutely awful at this game
- Really really bad, honestly.
We'll keep looking and testing but we're struggling to find any problems.
James
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 ONLINE LAG PLEASE HELP!

Just to add to what Chris and Ben have said (hi Ben).
The "last few months" is more of 18 months.
- We have prioritised *everything* on our network to try and eliminate this.
- We've put Ben on Pro
- We've put Ben on ADSL1 + 2
- We've added Max Premium / Elevated traffic priority
- We're not seeing any real badness in his traceroutes (although they do go via the States
I think it's an issue EA side, but have nothing to prove or disprove this and if anyone has any advice at all, we would all be extremely grateful.
JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

Hi Chris + James,
Thanks for your replies.
Also, thank you for the link Chris, through this period of time I have been keeping a tab on this particular case, to see if there was a fix here, as it looks like this guy is suffering with the same symptoms as me...  I don't know if he has found a cure yet or if it is still ongoing Chris?
As James has said that this has gone on for some time.  My problems with lag started in the summer of 2011 initially, I had about 6 months of discussions with plusnet during this bout of the lag, In January 2012 James took over my case and the lag had gone and gameplay was great, I don't know what this was or if it was pure coincidence.  This was a very happy feeling to have after so much trailing and testing, phone calls etc.  Unfortunately 5-6 months later in about May 2012 I was experiencing laggy games again.  I ignored this and continued to play though the summer of 2012, whilst all the time the lag was happening more and more often, by the time September/October came I then got back in contact with James/Luke as the lag had got to a position of making the game unplayable and completely no fun at all to play.
The lag feeling is there for the whole game, it is consistent,  it feels as though my players are running through mud or syrup and basically I spend the whole game chasing shadows as the other player is effortlessly pinging the ball around in super quick time and has no effect of lag at all, my players just don't react quick enough, the speed of the players is slower, when I get the ball it is near impossible to keep it as the other team just closes me down to easily, when I press the pass button for a player to pass it happens some time after by this time the ball has got to the next player and then that player kicks the ball, but because of the delay from me pressing the button and it actually happening on the screen the ball ends up being kicked in a completely different direction all of the time.  This type of delay is present for the whole game on every single motion or movement.  Every single game I play I have lag, the opponents I play never seem to suffer with the lag.  When I had a game the other day, I even had my player not responding to my movement direction and the oppositions player ran into my player and pushed my player across the screen...
I have played my friends online and none of them suffer with lag, although some of them do get the odd disconnect from the servers, but no lag.
I have just tried a couple of games just now, both were very laggy and unplayable, I could not keep the ball and the opponent was running rings around me, much much quicker, much faster, responsiveness of his/her team was far better.
With all of the additions that have been added to my account/line by James and Luke to hopefully get rid of this lag, it has not made any difference, and the lag is here.

Any info or help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ben.