Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Quote from: AndyH
Can you say which ISP you moved to?

Yeah no problem.  I had a few options to consider, I was toying between BT or SKY, but chose Sky in the end.  Although this isn't about cost and the cheapest at all, as going down that road doesn't pay I have experience of this.  I joined SKY on the totally unlimited package, nothing specific for gamers, and also to my surprise when I joined they offered me this package free for 2 years (SKY customer)  8).
So far so good, and free which is a bonus.  Why has this worked straight away now, but never with PN  :o.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Different exchange kit 😕
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Mathias
Grafter

Better exchange kit?
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
Anyway, glad to hear you are gaming lag free JIO22. Followed your case and felt bad for the experience you received and that it was never fixed. I know Plusnet did a fair amount to try and find out the problem, but they eventually gave up and without really finding the issue or trying everything to resolve it.
Clearly there was a solution as the Sky system works.
Has your connection speed improved much since the switch to sky, as i think that was something Plusnet tried to blame?
AndyH
Grafter

Not necessarily.
I believe Sky use Huawei MSANs and BT use Fujitsu MSANs.
JIO22
Grafter

Quote from: Kelly
Different exchange kit 😕

Yep!
And now it is working....  This was the lag causer by the looks, different exchange kit and now it's gone.
Better exchange kit?
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
Anyway, glad to hear you are gaming lag free JIO22. Followed your case and felt bad for the experience you received and that it was never fixed. I know Plusnet did a fair amount to try and find out the problem, but they eventually gave up and without really finding the issue or trying everything to resolve it.
Clearly there was a solution as the Sky system works.
Has your connection speed improved much since the switch to sky, as i think that was something Plusnet tried to blame?

I agree with you Mathias totally, thanks for your comments too.  It's been a very painful thread this one for me, in reality also very painful.
PN did try, but there was never a fix done, my problems always continued which was no use to me at all.  Now I have moved ISP's and the lag has gone, this pretty much explains where the issue lay.  
PN did try to bring my connection etc into it and where I lived, however although my connection then wasn't great I knew this was not the issue as I had PN BB at my previous property (the earlier part of the thread was at my previous property) and I had the exact same issues, I had decent speeds then too but still huge lag.  Because where I was staying (with in laws out in the sticks temporarily), not very good speeds etc, now we have moved back into our own property and yes the speeds are much better with sky now.  Although this is a unfair reflection due to my geographical location to the exchange is now much closer.  This issue isn't down to just speeds, there is something else involved somewhere, as it's gone now, PN are the only people who would/should be able to put there finger on it.
Anyway I'm off for a game of FIFA 14 without having to pull my hair out  ;).
JIO22
Grafter

Quote from: PitchBlack
Nice one JlO22, three + years of frustration finally over.  Cool

Thanks pitchblack  :).
redbull2k14
Grafter

@JIO22 what about lag in other games like cod? when u was with PN
JIO22
Grafter

Hi Redbull,
On the ps4 I mainly played fifa 14, this lagged terrible. I have got BF4 and this was laggy, although I didn't play it as much and also I'm not an experienced pro at this game to know or feel the true effects of lag, but it didnt seem right and iI have a good idea of what lag feels like. On the ps3 again fifa lagged terrible and I also played a bit of mw3 which was the same. To summarise all my games lagged, but fifa was the one I mainly played and it just killed you on there.
Mathias
Grafter

Quote from: AndyH
Not necessarily.
I believe Sky use Huawei MSANs and BT use Fujitsu MSANs.

Are you able to confirm this Kelly and also explain why this may have an impact on lag and what Plusnet can do to improve things if Sky's equipment is better?
AndyH
Grafter

It cannot be a widespread issue - otherwise all 21CN ADSL users would be experiencing the same symptoms.
JIO22
Grafter

Sorry to bump this one back to the top again peeps  ;D.
I thought this thread for how much time etc had be spent on it, it deserved a update from myself.
It's been a few months now that I have been with my new ISP and that I have been testing the "gaming" out.  I will say gaming and FIFA 14 in particular has been great.  I'm getting all the usual speeds as promised by my new ISP, it never falters and it is very stable.  I now play FIFA as it used to be and with NO lag.
I'm very happy now I can just pick the controller up have a few games and have some chill time playing on the PS4, which is great news.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this post who have tried to help me out over the time of this thread it's been appreciated.  Ultimately the answer to these issues for me was to change ISP.
AndyH
Grafter

It would be interesting if the problem was to occur with another BT Wholesale ISP for you - sadly though we will probably never know...
JIO22
Grafter

Hi Guy's,

All still going well here with sky, playing FIFA with no lag (now on FIFA 15 and PS4).
How's life at PN, any improvements yet?