Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting in World of Warcraft

James
Grafter

Re: Disconnecting in World of Warcraft

Gerty,
If it hasn't been done already, I'd recommend getting interleaving turned back on.
Sounds like your line can't handle it. *Runs off to look at Gerty's account*
gerty

Thats fine. I dont mind it being switched on, however it was switched off because I was having the Wow disconnects!
If it's turned back on, then at least it is one less thing to worry about.
gerty
James
Grafter

It was switched off because of the disconnects?
That doesn't make much sense!  I'll place an order to turn it on for you, which should complete tomorrow morning.
gerty

Yup.
I think the reasoning was that the disconnects could be due to latency, so to try to reduce the latency, interleaving would be switched off. I was told that it could introduce some instability on the line ( which it looks like it has ).
I can only guess that with interleaving on, I'm being disconnected for a different reason.

ty
Gerty
gerty

Hi, just thought I'd add an update for anyone who may be having a similar problem.
It's looking like it's actually a router issue. I have a 2wire BT1801HG. I connect to it wirelessly
After a bit of playing around, I noticed that it was experiencing dsl training errors. These training errors would only occour when I connected to my Wow server. It might seem odd why running Wow was causing my DSL line to have an error,  but its atually down to the large amount of data that the Wow client is sending to the server that is the issue. It only happens using a wireless connection too. I tried  a wired connection and had no connection issues. I've also connected wirelessly, with a different router ( a Lynksys )  and had no connection issues.
gerty
pdavidson
Grafter

Glad to hear it's sorted out. Wow is notoriously flakey to the point where I don't even think to blame my connection anymore, especially on patch days!
We just keep going back regardless of the issues though don't we Cheesy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hmm strange, thinking about it I had a similar issue when trying to play Team Fortress through my Speedtouch 585v6. I had to telnet into the router and delete a line from the config, can't remember off the top of my head which line it was though and can't find the same help page I found last time either!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.