Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Dom
Grafter

Re: Deus Ex Human Revolution

Erm, spoiler alert Oldjim!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
I've not played it through yet, so I don't know everything that happens. Hell, I've only just got to Lower Sengsha (sp?)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are trying for the pacifist achievement watch out for using the tranquilliser rifle as sometimes it kills people  Angry
Dom
Grafter

The only achievement I've got so far (that I noticed) is called "balls".
I saw the basketball court in Detroit, and figured they must have included an achievement for scoring! (And they did.)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Now that is odd as that achievement isn't listed on my version
lexusuk
Grafter

Quote from: rongtw
alex looks like you need to update your GFX card , lol it was released in 2007  Tongue nice card tho
i run it maxed out on mine AMD athlon  x4 645  3.1 , 4 gig ddr3 , crossfire 2x ati 6870,s = 2 gig ram total

Yeah I'm waiting for rFactor 2 before upgrading.  I'm no where near maxed out settings wise atm due to 1920x1080 res.
@Dom
Definitely going to try that later! Cheesy
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
Now that is odd as that achievement isn't listed on my version

It wouldn't surprise me if it was hidden to be honest. I've got the Augmented Edition, if that helps.
Quote from: Alex
@Dom
Definitely going to try that later! Cheesy

My tip o' the day: stand at the far end of the court, get on the dumpster/boxes directly opposite the ring, and aim right at the top of the backboard (I think).
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've just started my second playthrough on this, I somehow missed the pacifist achievement last time so I'm going for that again. Also playing on "Deus Ex" difficulty, I have to say it seems about the same as the normal setting so far.
Overall a very impressive game, apart from the Boss fights. I hate the boss fights.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Playing on hardest setting the opponents are much more vigilant and the hacking is significantly harder I didn't notice any difference between the first two.
Playing on pacifist there are three areas to watch.
Don't kill anyone in the opening sequence before you get the augs
After the next sequence (the first one after you get the augs) unless Pritchard congratulates you on not killing anyone you have failed
When saving Malik check that there are no dead bodies before moving on
P.S. The boss fights are very easy but I won't tell you how to do it unless you want to ask by PM
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I've found an easier method to win the boss fights, but it's more the way they are forced on you I don't like. One of the best things about the game is that you can choose how to play it, stealth or not, lethal or not etc, but this choice is totally removed for the boss fights.
I've not noticed the hacking is any harder on the hard mode, but then I tend to go for the hacking steath augs which make most hacks pretty easy. The main difference I've noticed is items aren't highlighted for you like vents and doors etc.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You can change that in the options which doesn't affect the difficulty grade
I agree about the Boss fights - they are very easy but with no real options as to how you approach them.
Dom
Grafter

The thing I loved about the original, which is something that they've only half got in DX:HR, is the complexity of the inventory and mission logs etc. In the original, you had an electronic "notes" page in your inventory, where access codes were stored if you read them on a PDA, or where you could manually add notes if you read them on a computer or newspaper. Also, when you came across a door that needed a security code, it wasn't shown to you if you had it, you just had to pay attention to what the codes you had were for, and then just try them. It made it a little bit harder to access doors because you either had to read through your notes, or pay attention to what the codes you picked up were for.
I can see how a system like that would be a pain in the arse on consoles, but it's a shame that it wasn't included in the PC version. It just made it that much more awesome. It's like they have to dumb it down for consoles.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Quote from: Dom
Also, when you came across a door that needed a security code, it wasn't shown to you if you had it, you just had to pay attention to what the codes you had were for, and then just try them.

Always hack anyway! More XP!
I'm playing on 360 (I got bored of constantly upgrading a PC)  and notes would be a PITA.
Dom
Grafter

Quote from: Ben
Always hack anyway! More XP!
I'm playing on 360 (I got bored of constantly upgrading a PC)  and notes would be a PITA.

And you call yourself a geek! Tut tut.
I upgraded my machine a few weeks ago in the hopes that it'll last me a good few years without too much of an upgrade.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

It's mainly because I'm a geek I have a 360, I don't have any windows PC's any more. Also I like being able to buy games without worrying if they'll work or not.