cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoD 4 Lag Spikes

mrcomplex

Re: CoD 4 Lag Spikes

First of all i would like to say hello to everyone.
Now i have been a plusnet 'PRO' customer since the 5th of October, i am fast approaching my first full month with plusnet. And for the past 7-10 days i have been getting the exact same problem as rizla... when i join a server my ping is like 60ms and after about 2min it jumps upto between 130-160ms. Does anyone know what is going on?
I moved to plusnet (£20pm) from o2 (£9pm) because o2 were restricting gaming traffic during peek times!!!! I advised the plusnet customer service guy when i called to sign up that this was my issues and he assured me i wouldnt have the same issue with plusnet esspecially since i was willing to pay through the nose for the 'PRO' package.
Everything was fine for the first 2 weeks, so why now in the last 7 to 10 days am i and other people having high ping issues? when i have plusnet 'PRO'???
Please help Mr.Plusnet
Yours worryingly MrComplex!
amiller103

ive had the pro gaming package since last november and havent really had many problems, but yes im a struggling to play the game i usually play because everyone calls me a lagger... my pings risen too high which makes my game unplayable.
James
Grafter

Re:CoD 4 Lag Spikes

Hi guys,
As a number of you will know, we added further capacity on Friday.  Following this, we suffered (another!) pipe drop, so our network is a long way from being balanced.  We're looking at doing some further balancing work later on today, which should hopefully improve performance/latency for you this evening.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ASBO
lts5.bt622-15.plus.net  which gateway is that then  Undecided

Looks like forward/reverse dns is b0rked for one or more of the ERX's. We've a problem open to investigate this (ref: 59055) however I don't think that it's affecting connectivity/performance.
Can't remember whether or not the Usertools gateway checker works on IP address or host name. If it's the former then this should still tell you what gateway you're on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bonmeggie
Dabbler

Mine was great for a few days but it just shot up to 150ms again and WoW is yet again going slow. Thought I had seen the end of it but I guess not, wonder if my 3 week old ticket has any more new info on it even though you have already said its on the wrong traffic? Nope. And am I talking like I am angry? Yes because this service is driving me up the wall when I am trying to chill out on my games. Fix. This.
EDIT
Nevermind I just checked my ticket again, looks like I got another 1 week wait till something gets *changed*. Come on Plusnet, trying my hardest to cut you guys some slack but seriously, 3 week and an extra wait on the end to fix high ping...come on now not for £20 a month and 15GB limit.
Hope other people here dont have to go through this, hopefully a member off staff will see this and maybe look into it more especially for the other customers.
1 thing I will say though everything else has been spot on with Plusnet so I guess I cant make to much of a big deal out of it, but like the fellow gamers will agree, getting dinged in COD4 cos of a bit of lag is hella annoying  Tongue
Taylor3
Dabbler

Dude I have exactly the same problem, do i have to raise a ticket to get the problem solved??  I am seriously raging.
Look here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80506.0.html
Its absolutely diabolical........
dick:quote
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Probably best to raise a ticket yeah mate.
dick:quote
robd

Same COD4 issues here - seeing sub-60 pings in the server browser list (on servers I have played on for months without problem) then join and after a couple mins the ping is up to 150 - 200 range and I give up as it gets unplayable. Is good that Plusnet are giving us some idea of what's going wrong and what's being done to rectify it but basically we just want to be able to play as we did before.....
James
Grafter

Hi guys,
Fully appreciate the difficulties that you are having and I'm very sorry for all of it.
We've invested a lot of cash in trying to fix this for all of you so far and *hopefully* things will be a bit better tonight.
Discord
Grafter

Sorry but no cigar.
Hehe, don't take this wrong James, it's only following some conversations with investors earlier.. but..  It's almost like playing the sympathy card when comments like "we're investing alot of cash to fix" is used.  Good !!  It's our cash we've invested in you!!
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi guys,
Fully appreciate the difficulties that you are having and I'm very sorry for all of it.
We've invested a lot of cash in trying to fix this for all of you so far and *hopefully* things will be a bit better tonight.

160ms in COD4 again, not good tonight.
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Hit 11.00pm and drops down to better pings, pretty much sums it up I think. And sure as hell aint good enough for myself on Plusnet Pro, hope this wait on my ticket is worth it.
robd

Appreciate the updates James but COD4 pings were 150 upwards again yesterday on servers which normally would be in the 50s for me so whatever was done hasn't worked (yet)
robd

Better this evening - between 50 to 80 whenever I looked.  Smiley
Discord
Grafter

Was better earlier this evening (5:30 ish).  Now pants again.
Ordering a MAC tomorrow.  Nuff is e-nuff.